Author Topic: M-PC  (Read 2308 times)

Offline summer heat

M-PC
« on: April 10, 2012, 01:54:16 PM »
Have been all over Bub's site and searching here to clarify what the record is for Modified Production Classic or even a P-PC class.

I cannot seem to locate any information.  Am I to assume this is not an available class to run in.  Bike I am working on is a 1977 KZ650 ?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:58:49 PM by summer heat »

Offline nrhs sales

Re: M-PC
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »
Pretty sure this would be the only class available and you would be in the 650cc class:

12. N. CLASSIC GASOLINE (CG)*
The engines production date shall be prior to 1978#. Flathead, OHV, and two-stroke engines shall retain the O.E.M. heads, cylinders, and crankcases originally installed at time of factory production. Above components produced after 1977 and exact reproductions may be legal in Classic class if they offer no competitive advantage. Documentation may be required to prove authenticity of classic design. Allowable overbore in this class is + .050- inches over OEM standard bore to remain in displacement class. Further increased displacement beyond the class limit shall place the motorcycle in the correct class.
GASOLINE ONLY. See Chapter 2, paragraph 2.F.
Engine displacement is based on the table shown in paragraph 12.D.

12. D. PRODUCTION, CLASSIC (PC)*
Same as 12.A but with a production date prior to 1978#. Allowable overbore in this class is + .050- inches over OEM standard bore to remain in displacement class.
Displacement Class
Maximum CC

They do not get all into production vs modified etc.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:47:07 PM by nrhs sales »

Offline cranberryroo

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »
M-PC is not an available class. You can run P-PC or M-CG(or any other non stock engine) or MPS-CG if you have any fairings.

The classic class is new this year so there are no records currently. They are open.

Offline summer heat

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 12:59:35 PM »
Would P-PC allow me to add gussets to the original frame ???

Offline cranberryroo

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »
Chapter 4:
"Production class motorcycles shall not be modified from Original Equipment at time of manufacture. e.g., frame, forks, gas and oil tanks, seat, front and rear lighting, fenders, wheels, brakes, air intake box and (unmodified) exhaust system. They shall also contain the engine that they where originally produced with."

Sounds like not. I think the gussets would put you would be in a modified frame class and with that a modified engine class.