Author Topic: Hello Sweden calling  (Read 5833 times)

Offline myidea

• New folks
  • First time on the salt 2011...will return for 2012
Hello Sweden calling
« on: April 09, 2012, 07:39:41 AM »
HI My name is Martin Giles and I live in a small city in the South of Sweden called Helsingborg.
My wife and I were first time spectators at the world of speed 2011. We misunderstood the dates and arrived on the Friday afternoon, we spoke to a few people and soon understood it was almost finished. We stayed around and had a great few hours up at the start line.
Lets say we enjoyed it so much we have decided to come back for the 2012 WOS in Sept.  This time we have booked the right dates☺

I decided to join this forum in the hope of meeting some divers or owners who need a couple of spectators to cheer them along or help out in some way…. Bodil my wife and I don’t know much about engines and racing but we totally enjoyed the few hours we had last year and we are coming back this year to enjoy a few days instead.

Lets hope there is a few people out there willing to met us in the pits or on the start line…….
A couple from Sweden who are new born spectators. Saw a film, visited the WOS 2011. Fell in love, decided to return for 2012..Looking for someone / something to cheer for! If you need a couple of fans, drop us a post.

Offline Elmo Rodge

Re: Hello Sweden calling
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 08:39:19 AM »
Martin, I spoke with you and your wife at the end of the road last year. By all means come back this year. You'll have a great time. Wayno

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 10:12:35 AM »
Martin, welcome to the fourm, we will be there with the Lakester or the Streamliner depending on which one goes to Speedweek and possibly Max's Streamliner if it is still alive after the Bub.  Sorry, the red bike will be black, can't find a good foto of it right now... too much on the computer.  Look of these vehicles, stop and say Hi.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 11:01:32 AM »
Stainless --  from the looks of that first photo -- I gotta ask when you had the lakester at El Mirage?  Lotsa mud, not much salt, hey? :cry:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline myidea

• New folks
  • First time on the salt 2011...will return for 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 04:54:42 PM »
Hi Gents thanks for the warm welcome... Elmo Rodge we remember you from last year, it was a shame that rain stopped play, fingers crossed for nice weather this year:-)

Stainless you have some good looking machines there, should one call them machines or cars...I would hate to call them by the wrong name:-( We will drop by and see hello thats for sure.... What kind of records will you be going for this year, I'm not 100% sure about the in and outs of WOS but chatting with you guys I'm sure I will find out before the event...

Bodil and I are really looking forward to it. We have booked our Hotel already to be sure of finding somewhere as WOS is over a weekend this year!

A couple from Sweden who are new born spectators. Saw a film, visited the WOS 2011. Fell in love, decided to return for 2012..Looking for someone / something to cheer for! If you need a couple of fans, drop us a post.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 01:17:09 AM »
Stainless --  from the looks of that first photo -- I gotta ask when you had the lakester at El Mirage?  Lotsa mud, not much salt, hey? :cry:

7 Mile, Speedweek, Combo course (Course 2) after Corey's qualifier, not much salt out there this year.

Martin, call them either, they are both.  The Streamliner is still sorting, running normally aspirated 3 liter, the lakester is getting a one liter normally aspirated this year, we ran 1.5 liter blown fuel at speedweek, blown gas at WoS, records 233 fuel, 230 gas.  The car is smaller than it looks.... note to Nancy, fronts this time... clothed
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Wester

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »
Martin, check with Lila at the gate.  She will be able to steer you to specific people and if she can't she can contact me on my cell phone and I'll steer you to the proper location.

Offline fast_TA

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 02:13:46 PM »
We will be there also.  If you see a red 80's Trans Am with a giant scoop feel free to stop in and say Hi. 

Offline TAKERRY

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 02:04:20 PM »
Hey fast T/A
How fast. Hope to see you and everyone else in Sept. Got my roll bar in ,new helmut,fire suit,etc. Went to Wilmington last weekend. Just 360 miles from Chicago. People were great a lot of F body cars. Got in line Sat. morning. Hit 3rd gear and it wasn't there. Rented a U haul truck and car carrier and crawled back home. Trying to figure out my trans situation. Kind of in a state of shock. Drove to Bonneville last year no problem. The ECTA staff were great but what can you do. Want to make the 150 this year. Anyway look me up white 79 t/a black cowl hood.
Kerry
No trailer ran 135mph at the World of Speed 2011 see you in 2012 in Ohio and back at Bonneville at the world of speed going for the 150club 1979 Firebird T/A White . Ck out YOU TUBE. KERRY AT BONNEVILLE. Didn't  make 2012,2013,2014. ECTA in Ohio 2012 trans went out and 2013 fuel problems . Still trans and fuel problems. Finally all looks good. Ready to drive (no trailer) 1500 miles to Bonneville and It's cancelled. NEXT YEAR. SEPT. ECTA RAN 144 MPH. GETTING BETTER. 2021 Ran 152 fulfilled a ten year dream to make the 150 club.

Offline fast_TA

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 02:18:38 PM »
Well to start I need to be clear it is not my TA it belongs to my friend.  I will be pushing it off the line this year.  I believe his fastest pass was in 2009 at 226 and some change which was good enough for the D/FALT record, and stood for almost a year.  This year he will be racing in the C/FALT class and we are shooting for 250 but 241 would get the record.  Have you ever raced on the salt before?