Author Topic: The first Ohio Mile, I'm ready  (Read 37990 times)

Offline garrell patterson

Re: The first Ohio Mile, I'm ready
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2012, 05:37:42 AM »
Health was well during entire trip to and from and entire time in Wilmington other than no sleep but I am very used to that. One hour after reaching home on Sunday night had an episode where I could not talk for around fifteen minutes then was okay. My goal was to improve my speed to over 130 mph with track and modifications since last Oct. in a 5400 lb. truck. Ran 132.27 in C/PP and 133.824 in B/PP so I was very thankfull for being at the event and exceeding goal. Met lots of friends I made in Maxton and on the forum and other than a little rain and bone chilling wind the entire weekend was a blessing for me.
Oh, also had the honor of being the first participate down the track and thanks to all that tapped on the window or opened the door to wish me luck and offer congrats. can't repeat here what Al told me not to do!

Garrell
garrell patterson

Offline gray63

« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2012, 08:04:37 AM »
Garrell,  It was good to meet you at the Ohio Mile.  It is always fun to put a face to a name.
I am glad that your truck met it's expectations and your health was good during the meet.
We sere able to get a run of 186 mph in on Sunday afternoon and would have liked to try another
run, but time ran out.
I hope to see you at the next Ohio event.
Dave Gray
#3611 BGMS

Offline garrell patterson

« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2012, 04:17:45 PM »
Congratulations Dave, wish you could have made another run. Do you think you can run 200 mph with better wind conditions and tweaking after the runs you got in last weekend.
You know Forrest ran I think in the 160's in his 56 Corvette at Bonnevile with a 265 ci. engine and Chevy intake, carbs and cam. I have got his results hanging on my wall of shame in my shop, I will look tommorow and check his speeds over five years in the Corvette and 56 Belair. I can't remember what he ran in the Belair at Maxton.
It was great to meet you as well and I always am interested in how a Corvette runs.

Garrell
garrell patterson

Offline creekrat

« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2012, 04:27:22 PM »
Ohio mile is way nicer than Maxton in my mind. Just a bit further for me from S Jersey but worth it in spades.
I felt they could up the entries to perhaps 200, add a gate for spectators, and do something to keep the fans in on what is going on, maybe a local radio station or the like?
I'll be back! Curious as to the input of other fans.

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2012, 09:51:54 PM »
We (the formal we of this site's owner and his faithless amateur audio wonk, me) are in communication about a low power FM transmitter and directional antenna aiming up and down the course from the timing tower, broadcasting the car number and speed from ECTA's CB channel with us adding background music or other stuff to anyone with an FM radio in their vehicle or a portable FM receiver.  We'll see.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/