Author Topic: The first Ohio Mile, I'm ready  (Read 37987 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: The first Ohio Mile, I'm ready
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »
TBird- check on Facebook "Ohio Mile" Charles posted some times for Geezer there

Offline tigerbird

« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2012, 06:13:04 PM »
Thanks 55Chev
Jeff

Offline Tman

« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
Hooley has a heavy foot!

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2012, 08:42:42 PM »
Hooley has a heavy foot!

Hooley went off the end of the track into the grass. Second laundry toss was faulty!  :-(

Last word was someone beat him ~1/2 mph but Hooley's exit speed was still higher!  :cheers:

Great time was had by all - everyone is looking forward to the June meet!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2012, 09:02:52 PM »
Borrowed from roddingroundtable.com:

enjenjo: The run today was 223+, and he slid into the grass at the end of the shutdown. No damage to the car or Hooley. It sounded so sweet on this run, like George said, nothing beats an alcohol motor. It pulled strong right into the traps, Chutes came out, I turned away, and George was the one who saw him slide into the grass. Fortunately he missed all the lights.

Friday I attended the rookie orientation. We sterted out at the starting line, then went down the mile to the traps. I was riding with the chief steward, and he told them several times if they had a problem, go to the left, as going to the right would tear up the lights, and piss everyone off.

So as we are driving to the end of shutdown, the timer came over the radio, and said one of the rookies cut through the grass to the right, on a minibike, and caught the wires, tearing them up, and dragging the lights into the grass. He was fit to be tied, and if he could have identified the culprit, they would have been ejected from the course.

GPster: As near as I can relate what Hooley said. Both cutes deployed but one of the got tangled up and wasn't working. The car was pretty well slowed down and Hooley couldn't remember if he should turn left or right if he had trouble. So he just split the decission and wet to the grass because he wasn't going tha fast. I don't think he felt the shut-down area was to sort because he was thinking about coming back with the Bonneville gears in the rear end. Over 8,000 RPM on the motor through the traps. Watching from the stating line there wasn't another car there that looked as good vanishing out of sight. GPster

:cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2012, 12:29:31 AM »
We just got home, left Wilmington at 1:30p. 10 and a half hours in a tin can,God theres got to be a better way..... Actually not bad but for those big bumpy things we had to cross. more tomorrow. must sleep. :-D
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2012, 12:40:56 AM »
When Hooley went through the traps he pulled the chutes right at the line. One chute didnt blossom and he went long.   He went just off the end.  They rolled CFR only because he chose the left side which wasnt a bad choice given that there is structural mounted lights in the middle which would be the wrong choice. No harm to either the vehicle or driver. "Any landing you walk away from is a good landing."

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2012, 08:10:32 AM »
Curious if Amy and Frank got the Camaro over 140 this morning - I think she was in line for an early start.

I'd rather be racing than working - ANYDAY.

Curiously it was dajavu for sunday, Amy about #4 in line and the rain let loose for about an hour or so. We particapated in the track drying cruz at witch point Amy was going through her full course routine on each pass so she woukdn't miss any thing. She made her second pass with a slight stumble at the start - my fault,still don't have the carb set up right - car pulled strong and straight. I asked Keith T. at the timing trailer what her speed was and he said 147.XXX. I bout fell over, then we got to the timing tent and got the slip and it was 137.8xx. Old guys hearing I think. Anyway bumped it 1 mph is good. All of the "guys" kept telling us the camaro is a 150 car. I believe them. Now to work on the Areo's and tuneup. Thanks to all that helped make this a special weekend for Amy and me and thank to the town of Wilmington for the great hospitality.

Frank. Video to come....???
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Frank06

« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2012, 09:39:05 AM »
Could someone please post the actual link to the FB page?  For some reason I can't find it (I'm not a heavy FB user, lol)

It was a fun event, a bit cooler and wetter than desired, but fun all the same.  Congratulations and thanks to everyone who worked so hard to get this event organized.
E-Racer

Offline gray63

« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2012, 10:17:19 AM »
We got back from Wilmington about 11pm last night.  With the exception of the temp and the intermittent rain, the event
was very successful. We got 4 runs in (2 each day) and was able to run our 56 Corvette 186.51115.
The car worked great and we were happy with the results. Maybe a gear change will be in order for next event!
I don't think that ECTA could have picked a better location to have the event. The Wilmington community welcomed us with open arms.
Thanks to the organizers and all of the volunteers that made this a great event.

Dave Gray
KC Strawmyre
# 3611 BGMS

Offline olepaw

« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »
D/CGC record Ohio mile
G/GC   record Ohio mile
H/GC   record Ohio mile
E/FSS  record Ohio mile C/GC TRYING

Offline manifest

« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2012, 02:30:43 PM »
Best one mile speed ever for our Karmann Ghia.  142.72mph running in F/CPRO with our G motor.  Had a good weekend and really like the new location.

Zach

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2012, 03:44:30 PM »
!
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Frank06

E-Racer

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:33 PM »
Frank,
Good to see you ... drive safe ... Joe