Author Topic: Pingel remote Fuel Valve  (Read 5580 times)

Offline dr j

• Honda CRF250 & RS125 & 1954 Moto Parilla 175
Pingel remote Fuel Valve
« on: April 07, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »
I have installed a new pingel remote fuel valve on my Honda 125.  It is very touchy and shuts off frequently from vibration/bumps.  Anyone been inside it to adjust the pin length?  I put a small tie-wrap on the lever but it did not help.  I don't feel like experiencing the plenty of nitrous but no fuel combo.  I will take it apart tonight to check it out but felt I should not need to reinvent the wheel.  Thanks.
Jarl- Moto Madcap
Sharpsburg MD
BUB2012- Morini 350- 4 Mod Pushrod records, Parilla 175- M-VG rec
250cc 4stroke Nitrous Motorcycle- 131.8mph
250/4 Naked Motorcycle-115.6mph
APS/F-125/2 115.2mph
P/PV-175/4 Moto Parilla-59.7mph
29 Retired Maxton Class Records on 3 bikes and 4 engines

Offline 55chevr

Re: Pingel remote Fuel Valve
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »
They are sensitive.  I initially used a small wire tie that I can break with my thumb.  Then I readjusted and I had to insert the pin quite deep into the recess.  Since then I havent used the wire tie. Even at Maxton including the return road  ... Joe

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 09:55:55 PM »
did you buy it new, from pingle, recently ?
some of those older 200 dollar  petcocks had to be revamped.
( going back 6 or 7 years at least ).

no 1 I know got any kind of notice that there may be a fault.

although, if you owe them money I'm sure they will let you know.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline dr j

• Honda CRF250 & RS125 & 1954 Moto Parilla 175
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 09:28:27 AM »
Thanks Joe and Franey for the replies.  I bought it new from Pingel last month and it did not come with directions on how to adjust the pin depth.  Cable was already attached to the valve.  So I am hoping I just have to loosen both set screws and the whole cable will pull free.  Then I can shorten the cable sleeve slightly so the cable goes in deeper and pushes the pin deeper when the control lever is in closed postion.
Jarl- Moto Madcap
Sharpsburg MD
BUB2012- Morini 350- 4 Mod Pushrod records, Parilla 175- M-VG rec
250cc 4stroke Nitrous Motorcycle- 131.8mph
250/4 Naked Motorcycle-115.6mph
APS/F-125/2 115.2mph
P/PV-175/4 Moto Parilla-59.7mph
29 Retired Maxton Class Records on 3 bikes and 4 engines

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
You are correct. You can loosen the set screw and move it around ... Joe

Offline bak189

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 12:15:17 PM »
If your dealing with Pingel .....good luck....they will not stand behind their products.....we used their fuel shut-off, and elec. shifter, had problems with both.....wrote a letter to Wayne Pingel (owner), no answer or help to resolve the problems......I have talked and met up with Wayne several times in the past at some of the M/C Trade shows, he certainly is very nice to talk to but it appears he will not back his products........So Pingel is out with us....
Question authority.....always

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 01:11:42 PM »
While we are all bashing Pingel.  I bought a number of parts from Pingel that I used on the first bike I raced LS with.  I had their decal displayed on the fairing when I set a number of records, including AMA (Bubs). I repainted the bike for the new season and called asking for replacement decals for the fairing and inquired as to what contingency was offered for AMA records.  I was informed they only offered it for AMA Pro Drag.  When asked how many decals I needed I said "None" and hung up the phone.
Joe

Offline bak189

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
Way to go..Joe....................................................................................

Offline Vinsky

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 12:11:41 AM »
What are the alternatives to Pingel remotes? Hilborn and Enderle are good but pretty bulky.
John

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 02:28:02 AM »
While we are all bashing Pingel.  I bought a number of parts from Pingel that I used on the first bike I raced LS with.  I had their decal displayed on the fairing when I set a number of records, including AMA (Bubs). I repainted the bike for the new season and called asking for replacement decals for the fairing and inquired as to what contingency was offered for AMA records.  I was informed they only offered it for AMA Pro Drag.  When asked how many decals I needed I said "None" and hung up the phone.
Joe

Joe,

So you were mad because Pingel informed you they did not sponsor AMA LSR ?  I have a few AMA LSR records and I do not promote them..AMA records are a joke..many open records were set only to find out later there were records that were AMA set in the 70's only to find out many of the older records were faster.  Show me where the majority of AMA records are faster than SCTA, BNI, ECTA records..

If you want to cherry pick a LSR record set an AMA record.

J

Thank you to Wayne and Donna Pingel for sponsoring the Bubs events for the first 4-5 years.!

Offline bak189

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 10:39:16 AM »
My Hero...John N. after all has to make a living "within the industry" so you will have to understand where he is comming from regarding the Pingels.......However, he is mistaken that potential sponsors are not interested in AMA/FIM records, most "within the industry" have a a working relationship with the AMA..............not with SCTA, BNI, ECTA.....In fact John in his last post noted that the Pingels have been involved for many years with the BUB event....which is a AMA/FIM meet.....they have not been involved with SCTA, BNI, ECTA..........
Still the Pingels do not back their product line.........................................