Author Topic: Habu is Getting Dressed - Any News on Fuel Vendor?  (Read 5536 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Habu is Getting Dressed - Any News on Fuel Vendor?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 07:59:59 AM »
Milton, you oughta have been at the NW Reunion a couple of years ago.  The guest for Friday night's "symposium" was an SR71 pilot -- the guy that logged the most hours at the stick in that plane.  Wonderful stories, and lots of good information, and - I admit it - a bunch of envy from me (and probably a bunch of others).   One interesting tidbit -- the plane was leaky as the dickens while on the ground.  There was so much expansion from the heat of air friction at speed that things would expand quite a bit, so the plane's builders had to compensate by making clearances large for when the plane was cold.  I remember him telling us that the '71, while on the tarmac, would mark its territory with puddles of fuel leaking out of the tanks.  I suppose that's one reason it would take off with minimum fuel load and refuel when airborne.  I admit -- that "empty" takeoff might also have had to do with getting airborne without having to push the motors hard - and therefore burn up excess fuel.  Okay, back to Habu.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
Re: Habu is Getting Dressed - Any News on Fuel Vendor?
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »
Event Gas

We will be using Rocket Brand Gas.

100 Octane Unleaded

112 Octane ( if you ran 111 last year, it was really 112 )

114 Octane

118 Octane
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com