Author Topic: Tiger Racing shows off their new Hayabusa Lay Down chassis  (Read 4152 times)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
Tiger Racing shows off their new Hayabusa Lay Down chassis
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:18:59 AM »
Here is the new "Flying Tiger" Lay Down chassis for our new LSR bike.

First Busa Lay down chassis ever built.  I added 5 degrees rake for a total of 33, extended steering box out another 8 inches giving plenty of room for the new custom lay down plenum from RPM and now an extra 8 inches forward space in front of the motor to mount inter-coolers, radiators, turbos, and whatever else you want to add as weight out front.  With the 8"+ swingarm, 8" steering moved forward and another 4" of front wheel moved forward due to rake, we have made the new "Flying Tiger" about 20" longer than stock wheelbase and low-low-low.  She will run in the APS/BF-1650/4 class at Wilmington once everything is completed.

Here is Terry McIntosh owner of McIntosh Machine in Ohio posing with this new beauty of his.  He is a genius and this chassis is now available from him for a cool $2G and you supply the stock chassis.

It just doesn't get any sweeter.

300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline 55chevr

Re: Tiger Racing shows off their new Hayabusa Lay Down chassis
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 10:31:50 AM »
Guy - Looks good ... I am partial to laydown frames ... paint it silver and red -

Joe

Offline Utahfab

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 06:12:48 PM »
Like everything I've seen from McIntosh the workmanship is beautiful.

I'm curious.  Since that frame rail on a Busa is at about a 26 degree angle making it 8 inches longer would also make the steering stem a little over 3 inches higher.  Assuming a stock length swingarm and stock forks, bringing the front back down to the standard height will take almost 5 degrees back out of the rake so you end up back where you started.  Would you lower the rear to keep the additional rake?

Thanks
Billy
Billy in Utah

Stock Hayabusa w/53k miles - 181.986mph.  Not so fast, Yet!

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »
Logical thinking, but to get the rake I wanted, the extended box length was taken into consideration. That's why it took us so long to get it right.  This frame is version 3.0
And we got it right this time.  The rake is 33 degrees and the length is exactly where we want it. I've already installed a swing arm and forks and the measurements are perfect.  But your perception of the frame was right on.  My only issue is getting the exhaust pipe to wrap around the front lower corner of the motor because of the angle of the dangle.
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing