Author Topic: Fiat-Simca bodies  (Read 18087 times)

Offline JR529

Re: Fiat-Simca bodies
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2012, 11:28:17 PM »
Nathan,

Go thru the door behind you and ask John his thoughts on this subject.

DW

PS - I gave up on this argument when a committee tried to redesign the genre. It was so easy in 1965.

I was just walking along officer, minding my own business and out of nowhere, this bus just ran right over me. I didn't even see it coming!

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2012, 05:29:06 PM »
thought about this some more...

Illegal in what aspect?

DW

you could be illegal for classic in two ways: 1) efi and 2) engine class larger than F, right?  Or is there now no class for an '81 and older foreign coupe/sedan to run with an engine larger than F?
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 12:05:50 AM »
Maybe a roadster with a rumble seat is a GT :evil:

Actually, Glen, I was told that you have to run a top in GT.  Gerald Davenport needed to whip one up for his Crosley to run GT.  I see he's since moved on to MS.

Oh, and GT's tend to stay pointed in the direction you aim them.  :wink
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline dw230

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 11:36:42 AM »
Nathan,

As you well know the current rules for Modified Category do not specify a year break. The only restriction is that the car is illegal for the classic classes. Therefore, a pre-1981 car with EFI is allowed to run in the Modified Category classes.

As to my certification of a car, one would hope that all these issues are ironed out and the safety complied with prior to making a run. One of the thingsinspectors are told is that if they think there is a classification issue they should contact Steve Davies and he, along with the committee chair will resolve the problem before actual track time.

This site and the contacts in the rulebook are good sources for those new to the sport. I point most everyone I communicate with to this forum.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth