Author Topic: LSR historical stuff  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
LSR historical stuff
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:38:06 PM »
The new issue of Rodders Journal Issue #54 is now out.  There is a great article on the build of the So-Cal streamliner and the history of it. There is a total ground up Re Pop of the liner that was at the SEMA Show and the NHRA Museum. This article is very well written and a collector book. 4 issues a year for $49.00 and worth every bit of it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:58:31 PM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline garrell patterson

Re: LSR historical stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 10:54:58 PM »
I think a nearby book store carries a few copies on their news stand, if so I'll plck one up. I am somewhat a student of nostalgia lsr and dragracing especially in the 30's and the late 40's after the war not so much the streamliners but the coupes, highboy roadsters and hotrods in general. Good books about this period are hard to find most are about streamliners, if anyone knows of any titles let me know.

Garrell
garrell patterson

Offline dw230

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 11:25:04 AM »
Check out the Don Mongomery collection. All about early hot rods and drags.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »
As I recall, there's an article in the Rodders Journal about one of the San Berdoo Roadsters, too.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline dw230

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 02:43:58 PM »
OMG! Not the white one with the Ford 6 again.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »
Actually it was Robin's Egg Blue.  It's not that highly touted one (by me), but a much nicer and faster one in its day '32.  And it's a rare one -- made outta steel.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
I don't suppose there is much chance of an article on the SECOND member of he San Berdoo Roadsters?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline dw230

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 09:25:29 PM »
I was so shocked thinking the Ford 6 roadster was in TRJ that I stopped at Autobooks in Burbank on the way back from DJ. Relieved to find that was not the featured car I bought the issue. Since I sold my roadster I have lapsed my subscription and buy only the isssues with my friends in them, this time Stan Back, I had a fuzzy felling for a moment.

I also found a 2 DVD set of the 2008 Speed Week event from the Aussie production company. I have heard of this DVD but, have not had the opportunity to view it. Joanie is at a gril's party of some sort so Charles Shaw and I will watch it a bit later.

We, who live in Southern California(not CALI), have the good fortune to have stores of this sort near us.
If you are looking for Salt Flat or Hot Rod books and videos drop Tina an email and ask her to hook you up. If the book is not on the shelves she will track it down. I have been a customer at this store since I was 13 years old, pushing 70 now, and it has been my favorite. If they sold beer I would be in Nirvana.

Tina's website:  www.autobooks-aerobooks.com

DW

tR

j

Don't be Karen, be Beth