Author Topic: Looking for Salt Fat Car  (Read 8415 times)

Offline wacobill

• New folks
Looking for Salt Fat Car
« on: March 16, 2012, 04:08:29 PM »
Hey guys, my name is Bill. I'm a Race Car Trailer Dealer in Texas. Been Road Racing for the past years and now I'm looking for a Salt Flat Car to Run.
Nothing Fancy. Just Looking to get started. Can anybody help?
Thanks
Wacobill
 :cheers:

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Looking for Salt Fat Car
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 04:26:08 PM »
  Well if you are really looking for a Salt Fat Car, that narrows in down to Hudson's, and the only two I know of are Tubby Racing from Eugene, Oregon which I believe still holds a class record with a Ford Flathead.  The other would be Steve Kahn (sp ?) from Astoria, Or. or Longview, Wa. (has lived in both).
  Now if you decide that you are open to non Salt Fat Cars, I would sugest you visit this sites For Sale section, Subscribe to Bonneville Racing News, Join the SCTA so as to recieve their monthly (?) magazine, watch Ebay, or last but not least visit RacingJunk.com and search under Land Speed Racing.
  Welcome to our site, and I am afraid that you will have to put up with sarcasm from a select few idiots which include me.                                                       Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Jon

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »
Is a salt fat car a bit overweight or is it one that's really very appealing? :-P

Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 06:46:45 PM »
Wacobill, welcome to the forum. These guys a just funning you. There are cars out there and some are real nice. Don't know what you are looking to do and the speeds you want to run. Check the places they noted above. We will help you anyway we can. The questions will be answered or directed to some one who can help.
Hope you find what your looking for. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline fastman614

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 04:18:24 AM »
Now be fair you guys.... he got the word correctly in the body of his post even if the title was incorrect....
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 10:26:13 AM »
Dickj has a nice fFirebird for sale, pretty fast, look in the for sale section. He is in East Texas.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline RichFox

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
Yes. Contact Dick at   lsr_man@yahoo.com    and see if he still has the car. If not contact me anf see if I still have my Vega.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »
  Waco, now that you have been broken in, when you scroll down the For Sale posts, make sure you don't stop at the bottom of the page.
  Some of the vehicles on older posts may still be for sale, and if they don't have a phone number just click on the posters name and you will be able to PM (personal message) them without leaving this site.
                                       Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Leadfoot

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 03:57:09 PM »
I have a 80 Monza set up for a small block chevy. Go to www.ksl.com Race Cars classified ad number 15858695

Offline fastman614

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 10:18:51 PM »
Leadfoot.... Does the Monza still have the stock chassis in it?... Specifically, so that with stock front end parts, it could go back to either Production or Gas Coupe/Sedan...

Also, what is the roll cage and its method of attachment to the chassis like?

Offline fastman614

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 10:21:19 PM »
Leadfoot.... Does the Monza still have the stock chassis in it?... Specifically, so that with stock front end parts, it could go back to either Production or Gas Coupe/Sedan...

Also, what is the roll cage and its method of attachment to the chassis like?

Oh... and.... window "glass"... is it still glass or is it all (except for the windshield) Lexan now?

Offline Avanti Dan

• Going to Bonneville to fill my Bucket List item #4
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 01:47:07 AM »
Bill,
The owner of this car and I are selling it. The selling price will be very reasonable as we are looking to finish our other projects.

It is the former Burke Bros Avanti (Bill Burke of Hot Rod Magazine). Current record holder C/CBFALT at 239.208. Has 25% engine set back and a 49 year racing history at Bonneville. Set over 25 records and helped 7 people get in the 200 Club. Current log book and safety equipment. PM me and let's talk. The car is in California.
Avanti Dan
Bucket List Dreamer

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 12:15:43 PM »
  Maybe I am getting grouchy in my "Golden Years", but why don't you guys trying to sell Waco  your car either p.m. him or repost your adds under the proper Heading:  For Sale...........    Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 12:33:49 PM »
Bob, yes you are... but that is neither here not there....this thread probably belongs in the items wanted section... then the posts would be appropriate... consider it moved (sooner or later, after I figure it out)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:38:33 PM by Stainless1 »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 01:24:01 PM »
FWIW, wacobill hasn't logged in since his first post.  He may not have read any of the above.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!