Author Topic: Top Posters  (Read 10854 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Top Posters
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 02:19:05 PM »
I was one of the original members when Jon Amo started the site. We had a lot of talks on planning it and watching it grow into what it is today is pretty awesome. IT brought the LSR closer together and opened many doors for those that knew little about the sport and added many new people to it. The ECTA, Loring, Texas and Mojave are venues that have allowed people to be involved to the sport that was a California only venue at the dry lakes and Bonneville. Thanks to both Jon's for staring this site and keeping it growing over the years.  :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »
What the hell happened to Kent? Last post in November. Hmmm.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 04:09:32 PM »
He is on a 7 week vacation in some 3rd world country.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline dw230

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 04:27:56 PM »
Look him up on Facebook and see the strange and wonderful things he is eating(or eating him).

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »
Dan, I think the IV had beer in it, :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 04:37:02 PM »
He's out there somewhere.  This morning I found a happy birthday note from him on Facebook.  Maybe it was his simulacrum, but somebody sent it.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 06:24:28 PM »
Thanks for the notes Bob. I signed in here years ago when Amos went down under but did not post much. I didn't even know the site went down between Jon and Slims tuteledge. Thanks to all involved!

Offline salt27

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 08:41:27 PM »
Wow, Bob pretty much nailed it.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »
  O.K. gang, I am going to firm up a order with Slim for the Jack Dolan plaques.
  If you don't know or have never met Jack you probably don't give a rat's patotie, but for some of us who have gotten to know Jack over the year's (and I am and have been a fan for only about ten or so years) and have a lot of respect for what he has done for our sport even while disagreeing with much of his "Dolaneze" (unknown code he often used on this site to educate or inflame most everybody).  
  As most of you know Jack has not been in good health lately, and I for one want to make sure that I never forget that no matter whether I agreed or disagreed with him, I will allways admire a man who has always had the ball's to fight the very organization that he has given so much effort to, if he feels they have overeached or wrongly passed new rules.
  Maybe few if any care about what I have proposed but I think that Dean's original post #16 or my plagerized rework Reply #23 would look good on any LSRacers wall as a reminder of how MANY racers, some who have or still are a thorn in the side at times, have helped our sport grow into the best racing in the World.
  I am going to have Slim come up with a price for a (aproximatley) 6" wide by 8" long hardwood plaque with a brass or simillar face on it.
  Option #1 would be basicly as I have posted in Reply #23.
  Option #2 would be from Dean's original reply #15 and Have JACK DOLAN  for a heading and then use Dean's original quote starting with "I really etc.) thru the end of the paragraph.
  At the bottom it would credit Dean with what I feel is a great quote.
  I would ask Slim to come up with a price and post it here, and then any one who wants one can contact him by P.M.
  I know that he will sell at least two (one for me and one I will give to Jack, and I will buy a third for Dean if he is too cheap to want himself imortalized.
           Thanks, Bob
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:21:30 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »
Bob, I know Dolan as well as most that have been around him. I guess close to 40 years. We have had a lot of good and some very funny conversations over those years. I miss him on the web site as well and knowing him and his background in LSR is of a lot of value. I like the plaque idea as well. Good idea you old grouch. Have a good day. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2012, 09:54:02 PM »
 T-Man, Just a quick recap, mostly for the newbies. Over the last three or four years this site has gone through a transformation that has been mainly for the good.
  In the past after site originator Jon Amo had put his heart and soul into it, it had grown to the point that it became a daily "must read".
  Even though Jon had posting rules, he tried to give every one their say whether He agreed or disagreed.
  Unfortunatly as has happened with many other sites, Politics, Bravado, Narcisism, Egomania, Disrespect, and Verbal Poison also became rampant.
  Some posters (including myself) tended to over react and speak or reply before thinking through what needed to be said or not said.
  This all was eating Jon Amo's wonderful creation up and put way to much strain on a great guy with a regular paying job, a Beautiful Wife, and New Baby.
  After repeatedly putting up with all the verbal warfare and name calling and several warnings, He finally shut it down.
  Jon and Nancy (Slim, and the Queen) bought the site and rewrote the site rules allong with making sure than all of us understood the site's ability and duty to delete posts and in some cases BAN anyone deemed as detracting to the site, or defaming other posters.
  One of the best things to come out of all the turmoil was that many of us (as in me) came to realize that posting on and reading here are a PRIVELAGE, not a right.
  Today we see almost always good  information, positive results and help for most all questions.
  Some might think that a few of us use to much humor or sarcasm when posting but at times I feel we could all use a little time to relax and sometimes even make fun of ourselves.
  As the site has changed we have gained many new posters and for a multitude of reasons lost a few good ones
  Although Slim has posted  that Jack is welcome to post at any time, Jack has chosen to move on as have other old timers for reasons only known to themselves.
  Thanks to both Jon's, the site continues to grow and thrive.  It is up to the rest of us to Support ($)and keep civil this wonderful and educational endeavor.       Bob

Amen Bob! Well said.
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Freud

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 11:51:08 PM »
I'll take 2 of them. I'll get a passport for one and send it to Australia for some dim bulb that hates his lakester.

It will probably be in the first Good Will bag that goes out the door but he can recover it from the store.

That means he will have money in it and that will generate feelings for the plaque.

SSS, I'll see you at Gas Up next week.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 12:38:01 AM »
  Freud, I will have to bug Slim.  He sent me a email a few weeks back that said with Nancy gone he had nothing to do (with his hands, I think) and he was going to come up with a design and price.
  Evidently Nancy must have returned too soon (and found he had something to do with his hands, or at least one).
  As you well know, I only speak the facts as I see them thru the smoke..................  Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Freud

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 02:28:24 AM »
I'll bet he appears at the Gas Up on the 28th. He was voted the Historian of the Year for Landracing.com.

I'll see him there.

FREUD
Since '63