Author Topic: c/pickup to reach 200!  (Read 19024 times)

terry russell

c/pickup to reach 200!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 08:24:16 AM »
More vets than you know going fast. You will do good

c/pickup

Happy to report
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 02:26:10 PM »
Now this is not official by any means. Nor would it hold up in court.lol This morning I did a little covert testing in my truck. My brother had a radar on my vehicle and the first shakedown pass was clocked at 169. Yes, 31 miles off the mark, but I ran out of impromptu track, which happens to be a little airstrip that a buddy works at. I believe with a little bit of a gear ratio change that can easily at least match what has already been done. But I honestly have no idea what it will take to get the last 20mph or so needed from her. I will be at El-Mirage the 6th and 7th of May, and I am truly hoping to atleast match Sanderson's speed. Wishful thinking perhaps, but hell fellas I am on a tight budget. lol
BY the way anyone know what has been done in C/pickup at El-Mirage?

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Start looking for the nitros bottle:
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 04:42:57 PM »
C/pickup,
If you think that your present set up is good for 180 then you will need about 40% more hp to make 200. Make it low and hide the nitros bottle!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

c/pickup

Thanks Rex
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 05:50:13 PM »
I figured I would need about 40% more power yet. Well, the first thing I am going to do is pull out the automatic and put me in a decent manual tranny. This was going to be the ace in the hole if needed and it is needed now. I am hoping that with the lack of the power robbing torque converter I might hope to get another 10 to 15% out the motor. I suppose I could get another 4 inches lower in the truck. Anyone know a decent/windtunnel testing facility in the mid-south that takes VISA? lol

terry russell

c/pickup to reach 200!
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 07:16:25 PM »
this ddd spell check sucks, bring your truck to maxton . What gear & trans are you running?

c/pickup

gears
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 07:58:21 PM »
I am running a 727
1st 2.74
2nd 1.54
3rd 1.00

Out back I am running a dana 60 geared at 2.73

I am telling you guys any info here would be greatly appreciated. For the last couple of years I have had my head up the ass of tanks and this stuff is throwing quite the learning curve at me.
Terry, I had really thought about coming to maxton. It would be a little closer

c/pickup

hey terry
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 08:10:30 PM »
By the way Terry I noticed you were looking for a Tomco 5039A. I have a couple that I have had since around 89 when I had a wedge of my own. If you want em you can have em, just let me know. With my current build I can use all of the good karma I can get. And there is nothing that makes my wife happier than seeing parts leave the house instead of coming in it.lol Drop me a PM and with address and I will get em out in the A.M if you want em.

gunracer1

c/pickup to reach 200!
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2006, 02:39:56 PM »
what did the 2.73 geared dana 60 come out of? or did you just have one built up. and good luck with your quest.
 i am going to see what my old diesel truck will do. but i missed goliad becase i am down on power. i finally found out that my fuel pressure was droping to zero at 55#s of boost.

Offline }{ead$hot Zod

• http://FriedDiesel.blogspot.com
c/pickup to reach 200!
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2006, 07:20:30 PM »
Enquiring minds need to know where such a beast may be found. Although my diesel brother, I'm thinking we may shred one if we had one. But then again it only needs to last a few minutes :)
1992 Dodge D250 Cummins running biodiesel and waste vegetable oil.

#284 ?/DT

"I don't do use drugs but my truck does"
->Stage III Meth injector.

http://FriedDiesel.blogspot.com

terry russell

c/pickup to reach 200!
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2006, 05:32:28 AM »
What t/converter are you using?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: c/pickup to reach 200!
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 02:27:39 PM »
It hasn't been done with a FULL size---Chevy and ford have been there with minis!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Re: Goals
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 08:50:51 PM »
Set your goals and go after them, every one of us has looked at the record book and determined what the "softest" records were at the time, then we spent our time and money to find out it took 3 or 4 years to set that easy record. :)  We look forward to you catching the salt bug and joining us in our humbling endeavors.

In short, they're records because nobody else did it before.  Man, go for it.  A small block PU doing 200 is a goal well worth pursuing.  And I've always had a soft spot in my heart (and head) for Mopars. 

My "soft record" target?  My 997 cc MG needs to go 121.780 to own it.  It looks easy on paper, but I suspect it will require more than just one trip down I-80 to claim it.

But then, the impossible just takes a little longer.   
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2007, 09:46:15 PM »
Wasn't Bank's Turbo Cummins a full size pick up @213 mph.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Re: Goals
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2007, 10:53:51 PM »
Set your goals and go after them, every one of us has looked at the record book and determined what the "softest" records were at the time, then we spent our time and money to find out it took 3 or 4 years to set that easy record. :)  We look forward to you catching the salt bug and joining us in our humbling endeavors.

Spot on! ......and all the time you're building you're hoping that the guy who's going to whip your ride is a year or two behind you , at least.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :|

I dunno but I think there's a bit of Darwinism in it too......
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2007, 11:56:13 PM »
Glen, It could have been the Durango and full size look so similiar..
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!