Author Topic: 25% off Any BUB Yearbook  (Read 5044 times)

Offline Scooter

25% off Any BUB Yearbook
« on: March 07, 2012, 08:47:51 PM »
The site where I make the BUB yearbooks is having a sale. 25% off (to a max of $150 of total discount) any book past or present. If you still need a personal cover I can do that and you can still get the discount. the coupon code at checkout is FREESTYLE
I know most of you already have yours but if you want some extras for the team, sponsor etc this is as good as it gets.
Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.
Here is the link to the "Bookstore"

http://www.blurb.com/my/store

Offline Cereal KLR

Re: 25% off Any BUB Yearbook
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 03:37:02 PM »
Bought and done, Thanks again Scooter for standing in the Sun for a week to capture our fun.
I thought I would die young, but now its too late.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 03:39:27 PM »
Howdy, Scooter.  I've got an idea -- and maybe you'll go along with it.  Howsabout you sending one of the 'Books to me and I'll then auction it off on the forum - - as a fund raiser for the site?  If you will go along with it I'll send my mailing address directly to you.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Scooter

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 10:35:56 AM »
Slim, Great idea and I would be happy to. Here is a link to the book  http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/3039763 Folks can follow the link and preview the entire book on line before they bid. Drop me an email with your address and I will send the book and you can handle it from there. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Scooter

Here is a copy of the cover

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:11:52 AM by Scooter »

Offline Scooter

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 11:26:03 AM »
Slim, BETTER IDEA!!!! If the winner is a BUB rider and I have a picture of them I will make them a personal cover like the one above and throw in a 16X20 print of the cover suitable for framing. Total value around $125.00 If they are not a rider or I don't have a pic of them they can pick who they want and I will still include the print and will try to get the print signed by the rider. Maybe this is too much but just let me know what you think.
Scooter

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 02:02:56 PM »
Scooter, thanks for your support and great book and photos. In LSR it doesn't matter how many wheels one runs it's a sport that one has to run to understand. The past few years this has been proven by the followers of LSR on landspeed.com that had people glued to their computers at every event. I hope your books sell well, they are  assset to any collerctor.  :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Scooter

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 02:12:52 PM »
Glen, Thanks for the thoughts. In about seven short years I have become a Salt junkie attending and shooting BUB every year since. It is the collective support of the group, people like Denis, Slim, Santa Claus, and a host of others all doing whatever they can to support the sport as a whole and individually that makes it a family affair.
I really enjoy putting the book together. It is, to the best of my knowledge, the only record of it's kind in Land Speed Racing. I don't make the book for today, I make it so that 25 years from now when we can't get to the Salt anymore we can sit with our kids and grand kids and show them what we did in the "old days".
Thanks again for the thoughts.
Scooter

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »
So I'll start an auction for one of Scooter's books, personalised for you (assuming you've run at Bub's since he started taking photos and has one of you).  I'll run the auction on the topic for the website (http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/board,54.0.html), but this here will make for the official announcement.  How 'bout letting it run 'til next Saturday - that's a week for everyone that might want an in on it to see and bid.  Start at $25, okay?

Scooter has some other ideas about maybe a photo shoot of the winner of a different auction (NOT THIS ONE), but that's wait for a while - don't want to wear out the welcome of the site.

Have at it, boys and girls. :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Scooter

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 10:34:34 AM »
OK, for those who have never seen one of the books it is a hard cover book, about 150 pages and over 325 images from the BUB event. There are images of bikes at speed, the pits and the volunteers. It also has a complete listing of all the FIM and AMA records that were set at the event.
As I have said many times, the book is not really about NOW, it is about years from now when we can't get back to the Salt and our grandchildren want to know what it was like when we were at the Salt.
This is the only record of it's kind in Land Speed racing and maybe in motorsports. All the proceeds from this auction go directly to www.Landracing.com to whom we all owe a huge debt for keeping us all up to date on the many venues that support our sport.
So bid away my salty friends.

Offline Cereal KLR

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 09:32:04 PM »
I will bump it to $50.00 if you want to extend it out another week or two.  These are great to take out to the events and get autographs of all the featured riders.

Keep the forum alive, outbid me!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »
It was sold
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Cereal KLR

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 09:40:35 PM »
Well someone got a great book then,congratulations. I will bring mine again this year to meet up with more folks and say Hello.