Author Topic: Builds and general information  (Read 3324 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Builds and general information
« on: March 05, 2012, 07:03:53 PM »
Over the years I have read and in some cases made comments and tried to help where I can. This web site has gone through a few changes and when looking back the wealth of information on here is something else. The late Willis builds and all of the builds and photos by others is awesome. There have been corrections to people building and suggestions or good advice on better ways to something on the build. New people going to the races on the salt or other venues are covered by those who went their first time and do's & don'ts when planing the trip has saved many head aches.
Understanding that none of it would happen without the volunteers and help from racers and shops all across the country. This is what makes LSR a great sport. This web site was started by Jon Amo and later purchased by Jon & Nancy Wennerberg AKA- SSS as a means to get the information to the racer and others that support it.
This effort by all that use this site have made many new friends and made the world a little smaller and closer for each one of us. We all have each other to thank for keeping it the best place to make contacts and race at each of the venues now throughout the country. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Builds and general information
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »
For the sake of keeping the history alive I'll mention that we do a complete backup of the entire site at least monthly, so even if everything on the internet goes to hell in a handbasket someday soon -- this stuff will all be available.  We archive lots of stuff that otherwise might not get saved, too.  Thanks for commenting, Glen.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 08:28:31 PM »
Glen very eloquently phrased my sentiments ...

Offline edweldon

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:15:34 PM »
When you get old ("older than dirt" as Doug King once said it) you begin too realize that what you do for others is just self improvement and body maintenance.  What you do for others is what really counts. 
To me the preservation of history is one of those "dofer others" that keeps paying dividends long after you've passed the finish line. ........ Ed Weldon
Captain Eddie's Day Old Fish Market -- home of the Bonneville Salt Fish
Featuring the modern miracle of mechanical refrigeration.

Offline Tman

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:13:50 AM »
I first learned of this site in 02 when I met Joe Amo from my hometown. I wish more folks would take advantage of it and enjoy the knowledge that is pooled here.  :cheers:

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 01:35:27 AM »
 Glen, Slim, etal,  
  This is a bit ironic, but I just made a post talking about what this site has done for me.
  Not only have a gained new friends, but the information that I have gleaned, which no one shared in my 30 plus years of drag racing, has made it possible to acheve performance not only exceeding my expectations, but to put me within reach of the record in my class.
  Now please understand that I am greatfull to not only the generous veteran racers who preceeded me and showed  me "the way", answering all of my rookie question, but to those who have shared their "insider information" to a guy who is a promoter of inovation but a real nitwit as far as being a mechanic.  Nowhere else in racing will you ever find a closer commumitity that is willing to share "any and all" information on how to better the existing record............ even if they own it.
  None of this would in any way be possible without the never ending help of the "RACERS" who may or not be currently running a car, and remain the Lifeblood and Spirit that allows this sport to happen.
  And if not for the inspiration and advice of the "LSR ELDERS" who include the likes of both Glens: Fruedinberger, and our beloved and great Speedweek timer, Glen Barrett who has poured his heart and soul into not only this site, but to enable the rest of us to continue our "search" for the mystery of "tamng the salt" and being the chief source of our recent history,
Bob Drury

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 01:15:53 AM »
Glen, the build diaries and other stuff make LSR possible for a fellow living in sticksville.  Team Go Dog, Go! would be Team Go Dog, Gone! without what I learn here.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 11:04:30 AM »
This isn't about a specific build, but rather a fancy piece of equipment I betcha you'd like to have to play with next time you build something.  Freud sent this link (to a video).  Watch it and wish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yigRgG_NIyU&feature=youtu.be

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »
This isn't about a specific build, but rather a fancy piece of equipment I betcha you'd like to have to play with next time you build something.  Freud sent this link (to a video).  Watch it and wish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yigRgG_NIyU&feature=youtu.be

That clip is viral, seen it posted online many times. Even here in my build thread. :wink:

Buickguy3

Re: Spirit of South Dakota Lakester
« Reply #260 on: February 09, 2012, 08:44:22 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trent, Where is this technology when we need it?
      http://youtu.be/yigRgG_NIyU

Doug   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]