Author Topic: Passings  (Read 8100 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Passings
« on: March 02, 2012, 08:00:49 PM »
Just heard that Russ Knotts the starter for the USFRA 130MPH  club passed away yesterday. RIP Russ our thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Passings
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »
Glen,

this is a very sad news. Russ was one nice guy....I will really miss him at the 130 starting line.

He allowed me always to be at the place around the startingline, where I like to do my picture....sometimes 30 yards in front of the starting line in the middle of the track....Russ said then only to the driver....don't run over Pork Pie....otherwise you be in trouble...

Russ R.I.P.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Steve Walters

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 11:27:23 AM »
I first met Russ at Speed Week 2002, he told me about the USFRA and the September meet.  I came back to WOS and he introduced me to all the great people who make the USFRA such a great club.  We will all miss his great smile, personality, and his dedication to making this great sport what it is today.

Steve   :-( 
I've been from Bone to Blackfoot, but still just a Newbie here.

Wa's Bad Banana
B/CGALT

Plan B

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 07:14:56 PM »
Russ was a first class guy in every way.

There will be a very tangible empty spot at World of Speed this year.

R.I.P.

http://www.obitsutah.com/obituary/12251/russell-edward-knotts.htm

Online USFRAMONTE

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »
Russ was a great asset to the USFRA and spent many hours helping to plan and organize for the 130 MPH Club.  His wife Cherie and daughter have also helped at the World of Speed events for several years.
We have lost a friend, colleague and one heck of a hard worker. He will be truely missed.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Offline randre

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 02:30:30 AM »
It would be tough to handle passings and surely, it would be more challenging if you are going to go with those you have been so close to for a long time already.  And in that case, you just have to be sure that you accept whatever thing goes and take everything with a light heart.

Just don't let things affect how you get things by in your daily life.  We all go through the phase if you know what I mean.

Offline Roland6250

• My Powered Streetluge Project
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 02:18:48 PM »
I just read the Obit for Russ Knotts.  We looked forward to seeing Russ every year ever since our first year on the Salt Flats and we will surly miss him this year.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 03:31:54 PM »
In the Bonneville Programs -- Memorial Page . . .

2008 -- 17 Names
2012 -- 35 Names
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 03:58:51 PM »
Thats a big loss.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah