Author Topic: str suspension question  (Read 6725 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: str suspension question
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 03:42:46 PM »
Roadster guys will nit pick you to pieces , over the years I have heard so many reasons to protest that these people need their own rule book and Judge Judy to sort them out.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 05:37:27 PM »
I don't know anything about roadsters/vintage either but all I can find in the rule book says, if wheel is sprung, needs a shock absorber and no unsprung a-arm front end. Stuff about fasteners/heim ends etc if used etc and  but nothing says you have to run one. Have at it.  :cheers:
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline fastman614

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 09:10:54 PM »
Mitchell - to add to what Glen said above... sometimes a thread will "take on a life of its own" and go completely off topic. You are new on here ....So, don't read anything into it if this topic goes that way... It is not a sign of disrespect - unless the people posting begin posting disrespectful, flippant remarks....

The best advice I think you got so far is to contact someone in charge.... and do give Nathan's concept of a hovercraft roadster some good natured consideration.... it could bring new meaning to the concept of a dual purpose vehicle!.... racecar and aircraft.... and Nathan, I think, is an engineer...so... he probably knows something that we don't... 
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline mitchell968

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »
its all good . ive been lurkin around the site a couple yrs now and a spect tator at sw two yrs so im aware of the ribbings some of these guys will dish out , especially on the site . its all good. i still seem to get good info after one of my few posts cycle through . a few in the past. i sat through rookie orientation with nathan last year and yes , nice guy and seems to know what hes talkin about so thanks .i'll contact the necessary tech folks in the book ,and im former amry and spent 12 yrs fishing the bering sea. these guys dont frighten me. lol. thanks fastman.
                                                                                                                                  mitchell