Author Topic: Daytona 500  (Read 6222 times)

Offline jl222

Re: Daytona 500
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
What a disapointment   :-(--F1 corp. style team racing is upon us!  :-o !!  Kenseth should have be 3rd, 2nd at best should have been 2-3 wide at finish!!!!  I lost ALL respect for Biffle tonight!! Kenseth and and JR told it like it was---Biffle was lying mostly through his MOUTH :cry:

WHAT happened? After watching for 6 hrs and 2 laps to go, a warning came on our TV saying channel would switch to
 one of our recordings in 20 sec :-o  Mad scramble to stop recording,didn't work, Linda telling me to calm down. :-P

JL222

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
Other people see it differently:

And Biffle just couldn’t do anything about it.

“Once we were in the front, it was hard for anybody to get locked onto you,” Kenseth said. “My car was one of the faster cars, so it was harder for some of the cars to push you and stay locked onto you. . . . We had enough speed once we took the white, I felt sort of okay about it, but I still thought they were going to get a run and pass me. By the time I got to (Turn) 3, . . . (I) could see they couldn't get enough speed mustered up to try to make a move.”

Earnhardt Jr. saw it the same way.

“I know that they're teammates, but his group of guys that specifically work on that car or travel down here to pit the car during the race, his crew chief, (Biffle) himself, they work way too hard to decide to run second in a scenario like that,” Earnhardt said.

“. . . If he had an opportunity to get around Matt and had a chance to win the Daytona 500, he would have took it immediately. He's trying to do what he could do. If I were him, I can't imagine what his game plan was in his head. But if I were him, I would have tried to let me push him by and then pull down in front of Matt, and force Matt to be my pusher and then leave the No. 88 for the dogs. But that didn't work out.”

Earnhardt saw Biffle get a run on the backstretch, and Kenseth effectively block it. He loomed on Biffle’s bumper, trying not only to help push him to the front, but to be in position to then swing past him and take the win himself.

They just couldn’t make it happen, a fact that seemed to baffle Biffle.

“I still am a little blown away by . . . the end of the race that we weren't able to push up to the back of the 17 car (of Kenseth),” he said. “I was kind of surprised by that.”

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Matt-Kenseth-wins-rain-delayed-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-Daytona-500-022712

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 08:42:05 PM »
I enjoyed watching Dentica Patrick.  Good if somewhat wayward debut.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline johnneilson

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 08:59:47 PM »
actually, Juan was jealous of the trailer and wanted to draft the truck.
As Carroll Smith wrote; All Failures are Human in Origin.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 10:42:13 PM »
look at the body language, Biffle was as pleased as punch---knew he had gotten done what he set out to do  Team RACING--prior agreement!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »
From Autoweek:

Consider this quote from the 1990 NASCAR racing movie Days of Thunder:

Harry Hogge: All right. While we're still under a caution, I want you to go back out on that track and hit the pace car.

Cole Trickle: Hit the pace car?

Harry Hogge: Hit the pace car.

Cole Trickle: What for?

Harry Hogge: Because you've hit every other goddamned thing out there. I want you to be perfect.

While Juan Pablo Montoya may be the first driver to hit, and destroy, a track's jet dryer, there have been some other peculiar collisions.

Journeyman ARCA driver Joe Cooksey hit the pace car with his race car at Daytona International Speedway under caution. Cooksey's No. 51 car struck a Pontiac Grand Prix pace car; both cars were destroyed, and pace-car driver Jack Wallace afterward said that he had a sore neck.

Similarly, Geoff Bodine once hit the pace car in a NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, also a Pontiac, this time with a new Pontiac Firebird. Mario Andretti once rear-ended an Alfa Romeo safety car at the Molson Indy in Toronto.

And sometimes it's the other way around: If you have forgotten when a Formula One safety car hit driver Taki Inoue, who had climbed from his own car, at the Hungaroring, breaking his leg
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.