We'll be conducting an engine/systems test at Shelton Airport in late April or early May. The port of Shelton has buried three 1200 lb
concrete blocks, 6 feet down with large gauge chain so we can stay secured while we run the engine at full power with afterburner.
We may also do this in conjunction with the opening of the new Ridge Motorsports part that features a new drag strip and road racing
course. We are also working on the details that will allow us to conduct test runs at Edwards AFB in June. We are hoping to run
on the the lakebed, runway 15 which is 6 miles long. We obviously cannot run for the record there but it will give us a smooth surface
and enough distance to validate our CFD numbers against real time data from our various sensors distributed throughout the fuselage.
We are also negotiating with the BLM for permission to run in October at Diamond Valley, NV. They want $35,000 to move ahead
with the permit process. After 2 years and lots of paperwork, you would think we are in but that isn't the case yet. I've recently
met with the BLM (again), met with the Eureka County Commissioners, Eureka County Sheriff, Eureka County Airport management,
Western Shoshone Tribe of Indians and the new owners of the Sadler-Brown Ranch. Everyone is in favor of us conducting high
speed runs but the BLM is holding out for money. We began a donation campaign to try to raise the needed funds. If you go to
our website, www.landspeed.com
, you can donate through PayPal. I've also been posting on Facebook. Keeping our fingers crossed!