Author Topic: New Liner Build, Fresno, CA  (Read 86497 times)

Offline landspeed55

Re: New Liner Build, Fresno, CA
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2013, 08:51:37 PM »
We have finished the firewall fabrication. All that is left to be done is drill all the bolt holes. We won't fully bolt and seal it in place until we start the final assembly on the car. Now I am getting ready to begin fabrication on the fuel tank, engine cooling water and intercooler ice water tanks. We are finally starting to get into some of the more fun parts to build. The old engine compartment is really filling up fast.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2013, 10:20:42 PM »
Coming along nicely there Brad.
A little advice, I would be inclined to put at least one hump hose in your cold pipe to prevent failure from expansion or vibration. One at each end & something to support the center section would be preferable Mate.
  Sid.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2013, 11:43:04 AM »
I agree with Sid-- there needs to be some flexibility to avoid cracking the piping.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2013, 08:29:17 PM »
I agree with Sid-- there needs to be some flexibility to avoid cracking the piping.

Thanks Neil.
 I do intend to use one of the hump hose connectors from Silicone Intakes for some flexability.
Brad

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2013, 10:33:51 PM »
Well,
lots of things are happening now. We are building the engine cooling water tank, working on the front wheel safety fender and scatter shields and we are gathering our fuel, intercooler water and engine cooling water fittings and lines.

Things seem to really be rolling.  We are very pleased to say that we have a new sponsor.  We welcome Mammoth Oxygen located in Madera, Ca.  They are providing all of our paint materials and welding supplies.  A special thanks to Greg Hockert.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2013, 01:31:23 AM »
That's good to hear. Sponsors are very important and my experience is that when they supply product there is a different relationship from a financial one. They're more involved and will always bail you out if you need more than the original deal stipulated. When are you going to post pics?. Liners are great projects. Great job 55.

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2013, 12:15:17 AM »
That's good to hear. Sponsors are very important and my experience is that when they supply product there is a different relationship from a financial one. They're more involved and will always bail you out if you need more than the original deal stipulated. When are you going to post pics?. Liners are great projects. Great job 55.

All of our sponsors are pretty involved with the car. We have a regular Hot Rod social gathering every Friday here at the Loose Moose Bar. They all come to check out the progress on the liner from the previous week. Some days there are as many as 25 to 30 people here. I have found the power in numbers. All of these people know alot of others. This in itself has led to several sponsorships. We are very greatful for all of our friends and we all are having a hell of a lot of fun.

I will post some more pics as soon as we can enough of the car back together. I am nearing the final stages of completion and we will be taking the entire car apart soon and sending all the parts and pieces out for powdercoat. The body is in for paint and I am hoping it will return by April 1st at the latest. :cheers:

Offline Freud

« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2013, 12:24:51 AM »
I know the feeling as the tear down starts.

Then you will be anxious for the parts to return.

I've been privileged to experience that with Target550.

Good job on the progress.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Tman

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »

All of our sponsors are pretty involved with the car. We have a regular Hot Rod social gathering every Friday here at the Loose Moose Bar. They all come to check out the progress on the liner from the previous week. Some days there are as many as 25 to 30 people here. I have found the power in numbers. All of these people know alot of others. This in itself has led to several sponsorships. We are very greatful for all of our friends and we all are having a hell of a lot of fun.

I will post some more pics as soon as we can enough of the car back together. I am nearing the final stages of completion and we will be taking the entire car apart soon and sending all the parts and pieces out for powdercoat. The body is in for paint and I am hoping it will return by April 1st at the latest. :cheers:

What are these sponsor things you speak of? :-D It's just me and the dog in the strawbale shop on ours! :cheers:

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
Tman, for the unknowing, sponsors are small plastic cards that, when interacted with a parts vendor causes the up's or X man to show up at your door with goodies. Some times when the sponsors are feeling drained they will feely interact in a fleabay atmosphere occationally causing anger and self abuse.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline tauruck

« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2013, 12:37:48 PM »
 :-D I should be so lucky to have a plastic sponsor. I swear I'd end up incarcerated and that's the truth.

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2013, 10:09:02 PM »
  Our sponsors, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express supply us with tons of their products, but then they turn around and want it back. What's up with that?
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :-D
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2013, 10:15:47 PM »
ya, whatz zup wid dat??? now back to the festivities :-D
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2013, 07:49:59 PM »
We have finished the rear axle assembly for the liner. The car is being disassembled  and I have a little bit of welding left on the underside of the chassis. Belly pans and miscellaneous parts are out for powder coating.
It looks like the car will be ready to put together for real pretty soon. We are all pretty excited.  :cheers:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2013, 12:05:33 AM »
That's good news. :cheers: