Author Topic: New Liner Build, Fresno, CA  (Read 86495 times)

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: New Liner Build, Fresno, CA
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2012, 06:04:28 PM »
I coulda sworn I saw M/T on those tires but maybe that meant "mower tire". :roll:
I have an avid intrest in tandum front end variations, I spent 15yrs with Al Teague & Betsy.
Currently building a 4WD AA/BFS.
  Sid.

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2012, 12:23:33 AM »
The tandom front wheel set up really seems logical to me. I am really anxious to get behind the wheel to see what it feels like.

Thanks,
Brad

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2012, 02:16:10 AM »
We worked really hard this weekend and got a lot done. I cut the holes in the belly pan for the rear tires. We built and installed both of the inner rear fenders. Then we cut the rear section of the body apart and totally reworked it to fit the top of the fenders. We ended up spreading the back bone section almost 2" to get it lined up correctly. Everything really turned out well thanks to all the help from fellow fabricators, Tree House Dave and  Racer Mark. There was one hell of alot of pounding and riviting topped off with aproximately 40' of aluminum welding.
Waite till the wife sees next months power bill..I may be in trouble :roll:
I have gone into shut down mode for today!!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2012, 08:00:15 AM »
The saying goes, many hands make light work & apparently nice work too. :cheers:
I'm wondering if I might be related to Tree House Dave. I live in what we call the tree house, It's a little appartment I built in the top of the shop to be closer to the streamliner. You have to climb a ladder to gt up here, hence the tree house.
But it might just be the Kiwi-Hillbilly-Redneck in me.
  Sid.

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2012, 11:50:31 PM »
The saying goes, many hands make light work & apparently nice work too. :cheers:
I'm wondering if I might be related to Tree House Dave. I live in what we call the tree house, It's a little appartment I built in the top of the shop to be closer to the streamliner. You have to climb a ladder to gt up here, hence the tree house.
But it might just be the Kiwi-Hillbilly-Redneck in me.
  Sid.

Howdy Sid,
He truly lives in a real tree house. It has a ornimental iron spiral staircase, a window air conditioner, an outside deck and outside shower with a water heater. He really does have a nice home with oranges on acerage. His current spousal situation is pretty ugly so in the interm he built and lives the tree house and he is really happy. I will try to get some photos. It's funny but true.

Boz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »
 :cheers:  my kind of guy  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline rgn

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2012, 12:34:06 AM »
So I'm not the only one with a shed and an outside shower?  After 5 years I got a hot water system because it looked like I would probably be here for a while...lol.  I better get started on that liner...

Loving the build.   :cheers:

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2012, 03:43:49 PM »
Thats the same reason I originally built mine too. She stayed in the house for a year & a half after the divorce. After that I moved back in but it was empty, & I mean echo chamber empty. They say home is where the heart is & my heart is in the streamliner, so we moved in together.
Streamliner guys have to be able to put 10lb's of crap in a 5lb bag. The tree house is 300sq ft with everything including a laundry, a great mountain view & a ladder.
  Sid.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2012, 04:24:22 PM »
Sid, after the divorce I lived in a 300 sq. foot cabin outside of Soda Springs. It was 2 story for a total of 300.  :roll: Wayno

Offline rgn

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2012, 02:59:58 AM »
They say home is where the heart is & my heart is in the streamliner, so we moved in together.

Sid... I didn't figure you as a romantic!

Offline Jon

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2012, 08:11:48 AM »
Not many sheep in USA
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »
Montana's pretty close.  :roll:
  Sid.

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2012, 11:02:09 PM »
  Where Men are Men, and the sheep are nervous. Baaaaaaad!
    Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2012, 10:44:03 AM »
Another Friday evening BS gathering. Mark finished the new A frame car lift so he wanted to try it out. It worked great. It will be even better when he fine tunes it.  We set the car down for the first time and it looks way different than it does while it's up on the moving dollies. 

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2012, 11:32:56 AM »
Looking great, when are you planning on running it?