Author Topic: New Liner Build, Fresno, CA  (Read 86892 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: New Liner Build, Fresno, CA
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 03:44:06 PM »
 :-o  :?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »
Beautiful work and good luck to you. But how come the NACA ducts are facing backwards?

Don

Thanks Don,
The NACA ducts near the cage were originally going to be air exit vents not intake ducts, thats why they are backwards. However. They have been removed as I have decided not to use them, (long story).. I do have two small intake NACA ducts located just in front of the of the canopy windshield. They will be able to be regulated. The car will have a bottled fresh air system for the driver.

Brad

Offline Tman

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 11:49:55 PM »
Bottled? As in Oxygen?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 12:33:43 AM »
Trent, think scuba tank... bottled air... oxygen is not alllowed.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 07:51:29 AM »
Correct. Bottled air. I have a regulated SCBA system,(simmilar to SCUBA). Same breathing equipment the Firefighters use. Small compact bottles, easy to mount and the supply hose easily attaches to my helmet and is also very easy to remove while in full race gear.

Offline Tman

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 10:25:23 AM »
Trent, think scuba tank... bottled air... oxygen is not alllowed.

Eggzactly...knew that..thats why I was asking.

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 10:12:19 PM »
Advanced Metal Works is making nice progress on the rear body sections. The shape is difficult to form but the guys are doing a great job getting both half sections the same.

Offline jl222

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2012, 03:25:05 PM »

WOW! thats beautiful work. Any more progress?

JL222 :cheers:

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 01:38:29 AM »
I lost a month on production because the car was at Adavnced Metal Works getting some of the major sheet metal forming done. I have it back home and I am working on fitting the tail end of the body now. It's been quite a deal. I will post some updated pics soon.

Any spare time has been spent helping Rick Yacoucci with the Nebulous Theorem III liner. He set a new E/FS record last weekend at El Mirage. 224 on a 211 record. It is a pleasure being part of the White Goose Bar Team.

Offline turborick

• Go as fast as we can with as little as we can
    • http://www.bonnevillestreamliner.com
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 12:21:34 PM »
I lost a month on production because the car was at Adavnced Metal Works getting some of the major sheet metal forming done. I have it back home and I am working on fitting the tail end of the body now. It's been quite a deal. I will post some updated pics soon.

Any spare time has been spent helping Rick Yacoucci with the Nebulous Theorem III liner. He set a new E/FS record last weekend at El Mirage. 224 on a 211 record. It is a pleasure being part of the White Goose Bar Team.

The liner is coming along nice! Thanks for all the help!
Rick Yacoucci

The new Nebulous Theorem 3.5 #788
http://www.bonnevillestreamliner.com

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 12:30:11 AM »
The aluminum engine cover and tail end sheet metal is going well. There has been a lot of break forming, cutting, fitting, pounding welding and sanding. Still more to do but I feel like we actually made some progress. The neighbors are loving all the noise.

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2012, 01:10:03 AM »
Making a little headway on the tail end of the body work. I need to make the two rear removable side access panels then I can move on to the verticle tail fin.

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2012, 02:36:11 AM »
The aluminum engine cover and tail end sheet metal is going well. There has been a lot of break forming, cutting, fitting, pounding welding and sanding. Still more to do but I feel like we actually made some progress. The neighbors are loving all the noise.

I think neighbours eventually get hypersensitized...I thought with the amount of noise I made while building the car that they would kill me, once their son went kind of postal when I was grinding at about 8.30pm, we then struck an agreement I would not make noise after dark and that seemed to be fine...but I know for sure if I made anywhere near that amount of noise now that they would definitely kill me, I know from the conversations I hear in their back yard....the tone gets angry when I'm bashing stuff :roll: .The fabbing of the water tank was a highpoint, a fifteen gallon tank with four full size baffles made from 3/16 steel, that was a noisy week.

It's a great looking car you've got there, beautiful work.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
I aggree with The Goggs, thats some nice looking stuff you've got going there.
The rear wheels look kinda small! :roll: But then I don't know too much about streamliners or tandem front ends.
  Sid.

Offline landspeed55

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2012, 06:28:42 PM »
I aggree with The Goggs, thats some nice looking stuff you've got going there.
The rear wheels look kinda small! :roll: But then I don't know too much about streamliners or tandem front ends.
  Sid.

Thanks Sid,

So you don't think we should try to go 300+ with those moving dollies and mis matched golf cart tires--Ha Ha.. Shoot, I have been lucky they haven't blown out from just moving the car in and out of the garage :cheers:.