Author Topic: Stan's Wheels  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Stan Back

Stan's Wheels
« on: February 23, 2012, 05:14:28 PM »
Six of 'em in 1963.  Only got four left.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Stan's Wheels
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:08:54 PM »
My wrenching career started by turning crashed bikes into runners at Fred's Cycle Wreckers in Oakland, California.  The Parillas were in a big pile and felt to be too junky to fix up.  We were wrong.  Very wrong.  I sure wish I had them today. 

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »
What... did you give up riding in 64  :roll:  I surmise you ride one till it quits and then start on the next one.   :-D

I always thought you might be a closet biker  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:02:49 PM »
  Stan what happened to the Roadster?  I hope you still have it.
  Boy, if I only would have kept my 29 pickup which I sold for $300 in 1964, or the 60 Corvette I sold for a grand in 1967........................... :-( :-P :-(
Bob Drury

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 01:37:04 PM »
Bob --

That's the same car in my avatar.  In April it will be 50 years.  Used to hold the B & C / Street Roadster records at Bonneville.  Now just got the El Mirage C record left -- and usually in jeopardy.

Had a buddy keep the Parilla during my unwanted Army "career".  Agree with Wobbly, they weren't real durable.  I never was a good rider any who.  Couldn't turn right.  Made it hard to get some places.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Tman

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 01:46:55 PM »
Bob --

That's the same car in my avatar.  In April it will be 50 years.  Used to hold the B & C / Street Roadster records at Bonneville.  Now just got the El Mirage C record left -- and usually in jeopardy.

Had a buddy keep the Parilla during my unwanted Army "career".  Agree with Wobbly, they weren't real durable.  I never was a good rider any who.  Couldn't turn right.  Made it hard to get some places.

Stan

The many left hand turns needed makes short trip real long!

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 09:36:34 PM »
Many years ago I worked for a guy who had a clapped out '56 Ford pickup with a screwed up steering box. It would only turn left. You had to plan your trips accordingly.  :roll: Wayno

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 01:42:32 AM »
Shoulda kept the Parilla.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.