Author Topic: Forum Board Dedicated to Motorcycles  (Read 4169 times)

MtnVision

Forum Board Dedicated to Motorcycles
« on: March 14, 2006, 04:38:12 PM »
Greetings!
Great Site!! My sincere compliments! Lots of great features & I love the spell check!! Yes, I know I'm new to this community & it's true that I visit on my husband's behalf but I am not a stranger to forums. After browsing the topics with intense interest, it seems to me to me that most of the reading I do here ends up being about cars... which is cool!

It just seems to me that a section exclusive to motorcyclist would save a lot of folks involved with 2 wheels, rather than 4, a great deal of time searching for specific information. Surely a new board for bikes could quite possibly ease your site's server load during browse efforts.

My first impressions of your community are very positive yet this idea seems to have merit. Hopefully it can be considered.
IF I missed an already established board for motorcycles then *my bad*  :roll:

Cheers!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Motorcycle-only forum
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 05:17:51 PM »
Well, maybe -- but then -- how would the car guys ever learn from us (if they had their own site, we had ours)?

PS  Welcome to the group, no matter how many wheels you have.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
forum
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 05:19:36 PM »
!st, welcome to the LSR web site. 2nd, there are a lot of bikers here and we give them equal space when they deserve it. Lol. Actually it's pretty even and once your on for a while yoe will know the bikers and the 4 wheel racers. Besides some of these bikers are easier to pick on. The web site is owned by a biker so we have to be semi nice most of the time.
BTW, where are you located and join us tonite on the chat line at 7PM MTN time.
Disregard anything Keith says about me and Wester. He's lost in a swamp in Alabama and talks funny.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Forum Board Dedicated to Motorcycles
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 06:26:12 PM »
Quote from: MtnVision
Greetings!
Great Site!!.............. Surely a new board for bikes could quite possibly ease your site's server load during browse efforts.

My first impressions of your community are very positive yet this idea seems to have merit. Hopefully it can be considered.
IF I missed an already established board for motorcycles then *my bad*  :roll:
Cheers!

Hi, do you have a name we can call you besides MtnVision?   I could call you "hey you", but that is reserved for my wife :shock: .  I won't tell you what she has reserved for me :cry: .

I think if you stick around you will come to like the mixture of bikes and cars.  I use to be a bike guy back in the 60's and 70's and then progressed to the middle of no-where Wyoming.  Got into cars in the late 80's till now.  I have a renewed interest in bikes due to this board  :D  and lots of catching up to do.  I really like reading the bike stuff here.  Besides my car is going to run a bike motor, so if there was a bike board and a car board where would that leave me :?  :(  :cry:  :wink: .

Where are you guys and what bike in that cc range are you planning on building?

Good to have you on the board,

Sum

MtnVision

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 07:34:07 PM »
WOW!!
How nice of you guys to shower me with such hospitality! Sure I like the blending of all the interests together here too, I may be a little bit lazy though. No worries! I'll figure it out (I hope).

My real life name is Miss Vicky, the on-line nick is shortened from Mountain Vision which was a business venture in sports eye wear (polycarbonate lenses). Lots of my on-line friends just call me MV.

I signed hubby up on this forum today!! WildBill is his name here & in real life too. Hopefully some of his men friends can motivate him to be interested in learning enough PC skills to enjoy this community. Bill is a super gear head! He loves things mechanical, especially bikes & HEY!! even cars... He has over 40 bikes in his stable at this time (no I am not stretching the truth) but as far as computers go that's my field of expertise. We are both retired & live in Texas. We talk funny too!

I don't want to claim to know anything specific about his race plans except that he is interested in running a 2000 - 3000 cc overhead cam production model. He is meeting some Triumph factory reps tonight but I do intend to attend the chat this evening. I look forward to visiting with you then!
Cheers!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 08:34:27 PM »
Quote from: MtnVision
We are both retired & live in Texas. We talk funny too!

We'll if you come up from Texas you will have to come through Blanding where I live and join up with a bunch of us for some fun here and then on up to the salt.  A good friend and his wife (Bennie and Lillie) from Orange make the trip every year and they will be coming this way in August along with some other friends (Hooley and his Stude) from Oklahoma, Missouri, Michigan and other places back east.

c ya, Sum

MtnVision

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 04:18:16 PM »
It was extra special meeting folks in the Tuesday chat. I look forward to making new friends here online. What a special adventure getting ready to meet you all out on "the salt"!

Super Kaz

Re: Forum Board Dedicated to Motorcycles
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 10:19:47 AM »
Welcome too the Forum also :-D! I'm still a Newbie to the whole LSR Thing"just got my A Lic.",but have Leared SO MUCH here! The amount of Knowledge around here is THE BEST even from those 4 wheeler Guy's :wink:! Now if they would just except my DOHC V-twin in it's own Class Life would be Purfect :evil:!!!!!!
Keep up the Great work Landracing.com ...................