Author Topic: Bill Warner  (Read 1967 times)

Offline bearingburner

Bill Warner
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »
Anyone have any news on Bill Warners recovery?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Bill Warner
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »
He sent an email to some folks two weeks ago.  Here's a copy of it:

"Its been 3 months since the accident and I'm still healing. :-)
Just wanted to drop a note to you to give you an update and to say thank you again for being a good friend and the help you sent me.
Wednesday was my last Dr. appointment (yeah)  The Ortho. Dr. released me and now I am beginning to "walk" again.  Its a slow walk, but with no cane.  I have to take it easy for awhile, which will not be hard because it hurts.  The wound on my foot is about 99% healed and the Dr. is confident that the metal anchor that he drove into my bone and tied the big toe tendon to has taken hold.
My hand "on the other hand" is taking a lot longer than I hoped to recover.  The pins were removed Dec. 16th and the bones have mostly mended, but the daily work out to make it move again is not fun.  If I look back a day, I see no progress, but if I look back a week I can see it getting better, just damn slow.  I'm not a big fan of slow.
The only other thing I am working on to get better is my left shoulder.  Range of motion is coming back with daily exercise and will take some time before its back to normal with strength again.

I do have some cool scars to show, next time I see you :-)"
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Bill Warner
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 08:41:07 PM »
It's always good news to hear when the doc, lets you free. The PT is hard under any condition and long term to get to 100% but attitude is 1/2 the battle. Hope to see him at the salt. get well Bill. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah