Author Topic: "Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show" @ Disneyworld  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Bob Wanner

"Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show" @ Disneyworld
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:39:31 PM »
 We just got back from Disneyworld, etc. in FL, high point for me being the stunt show @ Disney. The cars are stripped Euro Opel Corsas, drivetrains swapped out for 1300cc Hayabusa w/2/4WD drivetrains mounted amidships. Promo says they are like 170hp and 1300 lbs. Performance in the show makes these numbers believable. I searched a bit online, could not find anything more visualer or technicaler on the innards, anybody know anything more about them?
Bob, small engines guy, W 

Offline Bob Wanner

Re: "Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show" @ Disneyworld
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 04:38:12 PM »
I found out a little more on this. The show and the cars originated at Disney Paris, maybe explains the choice of Opels. I also read there was a Disney documentary on the show and the cars build a while back.  Would be nice to find that.
Bob, old guy talking to hisself, W

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 08:07:30 PM »
I checked out the Corsa and it appears to be the generic Euro car ... not a very aero choice ... the weight is interesting.

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 09:59:37 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lights,_Motors,_Action!_Extreme_Stunt_Show
"1322 lbs" it says. Probably as close to a stock Opel Corsa as a NASCAR ride to your Father's Ford. Aero not important, I don't think they go over 50 mph. 
Maybe some of our pals across the pond have more info ?
BW

Offline Queeziryder

• Former funnybike racer now Salt crew
    • G&N Racing
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »
Here you go;
http://www.autospectator.com/cars/models/2011-opel-corsa-review-official-photos-features-specs-pricing
Pulled from google.
Not a bad little city car, FWD with a range of gas and diesel engines.
Sporty version will be the VXR (Vauxhaul in the UK) which can be either the 1600cc Turbo motor or to special order the 2000cc twin cam motor with around 160 BHP
Old enough to know better, but too interested in speed to care