Author Topic: Roadster show  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Roadster show
« on: January 28, 2012, 05:41:04 PM »
I would sure like to be at the Grand National Roadster show this week end.Hope a lot of good stuff gets put on one of the web sites.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
Re: Roadster show
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 06:34:09 PM »
Gotta agree with you Glen!

I saw a picture of the 'Marmon Sixteen' there today. I had never seen the car before, and I was amazed! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 07:29:53 PM »
Ron Main sent a Roadster Show teaser to us the other day - showed lots of cars and such, of course.  And wouldn't you know it, the #715 Speed Demon is there on display, too.  I've never been to one of those "big" car shows, partly because they all seem to be on the Left Coast - and that's a place we haven't seem much at all.  So - if you've got a link to the Roadster show - put it up here so we can vicariously see what's there.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 08:11:50 PM »
Bangshift.com has 500 photos of the show, cool web site, covers a little of everything. Check it out.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:16:56 PM »
Probably a huge swap meet there as well. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline johnneilson

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 09:56:29 PM »
Went last night, didn't see any swap meet stuff.

Speed Demon, Spirit of Rett and a couple other original land speed cars on display.
Save the salt booth was next to the pin stripping demonstration area and should have some good traffic.

I am always impressed with the metal shaping skills of the builders of completely scratch-built cars.(not reproductions but one-off design builds) These folks are legends in my book.

The Marmon 16 was cool, had seen it before. The hall of dueces was cool, was not aware of a German built/finished car, nicely appointed.

The pictures will not do the justice of seeing these in person, I tried to snap a few shots but the ropes and lighting caused too much noise in the pics.

It is a very well spent $20 to get in. Adult beverages will run just a little more than the price of admission.

John
As Carroll Smith wrote; All Failures are Human in Origin.

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »
Great show. This being the former Oakland Roadster Show, the seventh now at the Fairgounds there isn't a swap meet. (With the Foose/Brizio et/ al client's cars on show it's a bit higher level - The "AMBR" award, ya know).

Save the Salt had a corner location with persons actively getting signers on a postcard to Dept of Interior/ BLM and ya got a Save the Salt sticker to proudly wear for your efforts!

Ate my annual PINK'S hot dog! Nine bucks but YUMMMY!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Tman

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 11:48:24 AM »
Several great threads over on the HAMB Glen.

Offline Tman

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 11:49:35 AM »
Ron Main sent a Roadster Show teaser to us the other day - showed lots of cars and such, of course.  And wouldn't you know it, the #715 Speed Demon is there on display, too.  I've never been to one of those "big" car shows, partly because they all seem to be on the Left Coast - and that's a place we haven't seem much at all.  So - if you've got a link to the Roadster show - put it up here so we can vicariously see what's there.  Thanks.

Take your time to go to Detroit next month. It is as good of show IMHO.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 11:55:05 AM »
Ah, I don't think so.  Detroit is 550 - 600 miles from where we live.  Michigan is a big state - and Marquette and
Detroit are nearly as far apart as can be.  Well, IUrowood's even farther, but still - it'd be a very long ride to see a bunch of four-wheelers.  Now - would we travel to Indianapolis to see the M/C show?  That's a different story - and maybe 100 miles more.   :lol:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »
Here is one thread and as posted bangshift.com always has great coverage.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665773&showall=1