Author Topic: Richard "Rocket Man" Brown's Jet Powered Streamliner  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
Richard "Rocket Man" Brown's Jet Powered Streamliner
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:19:05 PM »
Richard Brown is at it again. In 1999 he ran well over the existing record one way, but was unable to back it up for the record. His motorcycle was rocket powered. This time he is using jet propulsion to contend for the motorcycle land speed record. read his story here:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/287/12064/Motorcycle-Article/Salt-Addiction--Richard-Browns-Jet-Reaction.aspx

Enjoy the ride...

Rocky

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Richard "Rocket Man" Brown's Jet Powered Streamliner
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 01:28:25 PM »
Oh, Rocky, how could you?  This is the "Comma Cop" calling -- and the word is spelled "peddling".  "Pedaling" would be playing with the throttle, right?  Other than that -- nicely done, great tongue-in-cheek stuff about "the other contenders" for the first to 400 mph motorcycle records.  Good work - as always.  'Cept for peddling.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »
That was done on purpose to see if anyone was reading the article.  :-D Lol! Actually, even my editor missed it. Keen eye Mr. Slim. I'll try to do better next time. Must be the lack of salt in my diet that is to blame...

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 04:58:16 PM »
A great piece Rocky on Richard Brown whose speed will have to exceed all that Denis and Chris, Sam, and you and Mike have achieved in the intervening years. 

Just so forum readers at landracing .com know, the data acquisition system on the GM3 rocket bike was accurate for kilo and mile speeds so the peak of 365 mph was credible.

As the British pioneer of thrust powered two wheelers Richard's UK land speed record in that class still stands at 216.55 mph with the best one way pass at 241.15 mph average. The Outright UK record is held by Jarrod (Jack) Frost on his Suzuki at 222.19 mph with his best one way pass at 227.1 mph.

There is a UK records meeting for bikes to be held over two days in May this year.

Malcolm UK
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.