Author Topic: Rear Fender Tailsection  (Read 5477 times)

Offline nrhs sales

Re: Rear Fender Tailsection
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 05:48:39 PM »
It is illegal at Bubs to run your headlight backwards. That ruling was made last year.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 06:03:06 PM »
. . . plus the glare makes it dangerous to see where you're going at speed.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 06:19:01 PM »
Gee, Stan, I'd think that roadsters would have backwards-facings headlights as standard, even though we're talking about bikes here, but seeing that you're a roadster guy you oughta know.  Aren't they the cars that spend so much time going in the wrong direction that the lighting to the rearward would really be pointing in the direction of travel - unh, I'm getting cornfused here.  I get dizzy when spinning around and around and around. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 06:46:59 PM »
Maybe it would help see if your parachute was out -- of course winding it around your neck usually gives you a clue.  Packing your chute while you're packing your pants.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »
Regarding using a headlight, either frontwards or backwards, in the open bike class at BUB, M class or A class, no streamlining is permitted.  The rule reads as follows: "Streamlining is anything that has the perceptible purpose of directing, controlling or limiting the airflow around the motorcycle and/or rider, or is placed to reduce aerodynamic drag."  I would interpret this to mean that a headlight would not be permitted, as it could be perceived as partial streamlining.  Don't give the inspectors pause for concern; you need them to be your friends!
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 11:04:34 AM »
I've run a headlight at Bubs for the last 2 years in M class with no problems. Like I said before, M class it's not a problem. A class is a different story. M is a modified street bike that would have a headlight. A is a purpose built race bike, no need for a headlight.
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651