Author Topic: 93 Twin Turbo BBC A/BGT Corvette  (Read 27197 times)

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
Re: 93 Twin Turbo BBC A/BGT Corvette
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2012, 04:46:04 PM »
Just got off the phone with the owners. They had great fun at Bonneville but now that it is crossed off their bucket list, they wanted me to list the car for sale.
Their asking price is 70k.
Car ran 252mph with just 7 psi of boost and is the current record holder.
Car needs the following for next event for BGT class record running-
1) Work to the exhaust pipes as they cross into the turbo box. Right now the pipes are conducting too much heat into the floor plan as the exhaust is flanged on both sides of the floor where it should be isolated instead.
2) Much more weight added to the nose preferably in the boxes behind the the front wheels (at least 400lbs).

Car needs the following for Modified Sports running.
3) Spoiler and side plates (maximum rules allow).

Altogether as the records stand, this car could set (3) different records at with the above modifications.
If desired, the car can be delivered to the Bonneville or Ohio Mile ready to run for an additional fee or pick it up like it is.

Car is currently located in Cranberry PA which is about 20 mile north of Pittsburgh.
Airport pick up and delivery can be arranged if you want to come look at the car.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2012, 07:46:38 PM »
Hi Rob.  I sure looks like the A/BMS, A/BFMS and A/BGT records are in reach with that car.  What a great accomplishment!  I'm surprised to hear that they wanna sell the car rather than hold the record themselves, but if that's their decision, well...you got a record and a red hat out of it.  :)

Here's a photo of the happy crew after the event....I'm workin on their photos and I figger that if I don't sleep between now and World of Speed, I can get everything done.  Today the race car and the trailer switched places in the garage since Jim and I are workin on the trailer's brakes.  

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2013, 02:54:02 PM »
Car owners have lost interest in doing this anymore :-(.
Car is for Sale again.
Ran 276mph on a 264 record (A/BGMS) this year at Speedweek but small trans problem prevented successful back-up run.
Both gas and fuel records are within easy reach with this car.
It is also the current A/BGT record holder and it can also be bumped up pretty easily simply by removing spoiler and side plates.
Also with a exit speed of 278, I think it's the "Worlds Fastest Corvette".
Owners have 60k invested in a car that has more than twice that in hardware alone. No reasonable offer refused.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline widgeon

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2013, 02:20:29 PM »
Could you please send more complete pictures and any details other than what is shown.  Many thanks, Rich

rich@rhneffproperties.com

Offline redhotracing

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2013, 09:08:11 PM »
I'd love to see what that thing would do with mile gears installed in Ohio. Turn the wick up , should do 230's...
Luke- Winston Salem, NC
Loring 2 Club- 201.252 (2010)
Ohio 2 Club- 203.712 (2013)