Author Topic: Ohio/April who's entered and where ya staying ?  (Read 13957 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

Re: Ohio/April who's entered and where ya staying ?
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2012, 06:09:51 PM »
Four BIG wheels.  Sounds different.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline TAKERRY

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 05:24:39 PM »
Arriving Thurs night and we'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express. Much shorter than the trip to Bonneville last Sept. Hope to start getting the kinks out of my car this week.
Need to put in a roll bar and some motor work. Ran 135 at Bonneville and hope to go about 150. Looking forward to meeting the East Coast crowd. Had a wonderfull experience at Bonneville. Will be back to Bonneville in Sept.
No trailer ran 135mph at the World of Speed 2011 see you in 2012 in Ohio and back at Bonneville at the world of speed going for the 150club 1979 Firebird T/A White . Ck out YOU TUBE. KERRY AT BONNEVILLE. Didn't  make 2012,2013,2014. ECTA in Ohio 2012 trans went out and 2013 fuel problems . Still trans and fuel problems. Finally all looks good. Ready to drive (no trailer) 1500 miles to Bonneville and It's cancelled. NEXT YEAR. SEPT. ECTA RAN 144 MPH. GETTING BETTER. 2021 Ran 152 fulfilled a ten year dream to make the 150 club.

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2012, 12:52:25 PM »
Dan - how are you gonna ride 'em all at the same time?

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »
One on each limb!?!?
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »
Oh, they're hooked together firmly.  Too old for 2 wheels at a time - though I DO have a 150cc Chinese scooter for the dog (that's how I exercise him).

Dan

Offline dr j

• Honda CRF250 & RS125 & 1954 Moto Parilla 175
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2012, 01:03:08 PM »
- though I DO have a 150cc Chinese scooter for the dog (that's how I exercise him).

Dan

Ummm Dan, I don't think it's legal for a dog to drive even a scooter.  Although I know that you don't need a drivers license either so maybe a dog license would be enough.  Especially if it was a Chinese scooter with a Chinese Sharpei on it (though I would hate to see all those wrinkles flapping in the wind...)
Jarl- Moto Madcap
Sharpsburg MD
BUB2012- Morini 350- 4 Mod Pushrod records, Parilla 175- M-VG rec
250cc 4stroke Nitrous Motorcycle- 131.8mph
250/4 Naked Motorcycle-115.6mph
APS/F-125/2 115.2mph
P/PV-175/4 Moto Parilla-59.7mph
29 Retired Maxton Class Records on 3 bikes and 4 engines

Offline wolbrink471

• Wolbrink Race
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2012, 04:11:12 PM »
- though I DO have a 150cc Chinese scooter for the dog (that's how I exercise him).

Dan

Ummm Dan, I don't think it's legal for a dog to drive even a scooter.  Although I know that you don't need a drivers license either so maybe a dog license would be enough.  Especially if it was a Chinese scooter with a Chinese Sharpei on it (though I would hate to see all those wrinkles flapping in the wind...)

Hey guys on a bit of a serious note, I believe in Ohio it is much more important that the Scooter be legal beagle than the rider!?!  Granted there is a public road running through it, but pitbikes without current tags were always an issue with the Sheriff at Mid-Ohio.

Mark
more information about the World's Fastest Dirt Bike at...... www.wolbrinkrace.com

Offline jreken

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2012, 05:12:48 PM »
Mark

The Sheriff Dept. of Richland county ( where Mid Ohio is) has ALWAYS had a bug "where the sun don't shine" I went to college in Ashland.
Maybe someone local could call the Clinton county S.D. and get a clarification? Just a thought.

John

Offline greenjunk

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2012, 10:09:32 PM »
reading ohio dot laws EVERYTHING must have a tag and insurance, but it appears you can get a title for everything there with a bill of sale and loacl PD safety inspection.  Even a ragged out Black and Red Studebaker.
David
213mph Time Bomb Camaro

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2012, 08:24:17 AM »
I never had a problem in Mid-Ohio or Nelson Ledges.  That is with a pit bike.  Crashed a few times to many. 
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2012, 10:25:55 AM »

Dan

Jarl, actually -
The human goes on the scooter.  A lead goes from the human to the collar on the pooch and away we go.  We live on a circle that's about 0.6 mi. long and doesn't go anywhere so there's no reason for anyone to be on the circle unless they live here (no thru traffic).  Kingsford (standard Poodle - big black guy at about 60 lbs) and I make usually 4 rounds which takes some of the P&V out of him.  Dogs NEED to roam as part of their socialization.  With my bad heart I can't run him or otherwise give him the exercise he needs.  He's a young'un, as he turns 3 today.  If I let him run too much he'll tear up his pads on the asphalt so mostly we trot.  He averages 10 MPH according to the scooter's speedo but has run at speeds up to 20!  I've ridden enough miles at 10 MPH that I'm almost qualified to ride with the Shriners.  Poodles have a base stock of many breeds including Greyhound (the dog, not the bus) and he still has some of the speed.

Dan

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2012, 01:01:30 PM »
dog connected to rider with bad heart connected to motor scooter... I guess suggesting a "kill" switch would be tacky. But when did that ever stop me ("please ma, say it ain't so!).

Offline jreken

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »
Here's the link to Ohio's DMV site which deals with atv's ,apv's and off road motorcycles (pit bikes).
Click on vehicle registration. Center column, tenth "bullet point" down.

John

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/registration_titling_apv.usv.stm
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:38:56 PM by jreken »

Offline RansomT

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2012, 10:30:08 PM »
reading ohio dot laws EVERYTHING must have a tag and insurance, but it appears you can get a title for everything there with a bill of sale and loacl PD safety inspection.  Even a ragged out Black and Red Studebaker.

That's the craziest thing I think I have ever read.  According to their DMV page, race bikes (as i read it, since they are for off road only) must be tagged for Ohio even if the owner is from out of state.  LOL!  Insane!