Author Topic: Stone Woods & Cook  (Read 7244 times)

Offline jl222

Re: Stone Woods & Cook
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 12:07:01 PM »
Wanted to drop in and say hello and thank you for all the support that the land speed family showed us at the march meet it was awsome saterday night in our pit looked like a BBQ on the dirt there were so many of you out there showing us love thank you. Now for the update we got are nastalgia nitro funny car licenses with a best run of 6.40 @ 211 mph. Be sure to stop by or web site Swcnitrofunnycar.com a buy a shirt to help us get to Tucson AZ for a match race in two weeks again thank you for all your guys support.

Now a Bville run will seem boring, untill you try to put the petal to the metal  :-D

Good job    JL222 :cheers:

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 02:31:35 PM »
  John, after my pass after the rain at Speedweek, I think I could now drive the Marcelus,Borsch and Boyd Fuel Altered, but don't tell Big Mike Boyd that I said that............. :-D
p.s.  LONG LIVE THE MEMORY OF WILD WILLY BORSCH...............
Bob Drury

Offline GH

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 12:03:33 PM »
Sometime back in the 90s, I saw the Winged Express on an open trailer here in Springfield, Missouri. I turned around and found it in a service station getting gas. I talked with Mousie Marcellous, he had the urn in the passengers seat that had Willys ashes. I have seen Mike Boyd a few times and I wouldn't want to tangle with him.

Offline Tman

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 08:02:40 PM »
Sometime back in the 90s, I saw the Winged Express on an open trailer here in Springfield, Missouri. I turned around and found it in a service station getting gas. I talked with Mousie Marcellous, he had the urn in the passengers seat that had Willys ashes. I have seen Mike Boyd a few times and I wouldn't want to tangle with him.

I dunno, he ain't as big as he was 10 years ago  :wink:

Sorry I missed seeing the SWC Stang run, I was glued to the computer most of the weekend!? :oops: :-o

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 08:56:02 PM »
  T-man, after having ones's noggin opened up twice in one year, I don't think any of us would be what we used to be, but I think we are all very happy that Jr. is not only recovered, but RACING!!!  
  A few years back I had the misfortune of becoming the recipient of cluster headaches which if you have never experienced, leave you unable to function normally, and nothing you ever want to have.
  After many tests and MRI's my neurologist looked at the data, precribed some pain medication, and had me come in every two weeks to check on my condition.
  After about two month's I went in to see him and told him that they had dissapeared the week before.
  He said " Then we are done unless they come back".
  I asked him what had caused them and his answer was: "unfortunatley we cannot unscew the top of your head to look at any problems.  We can see from a MRI if you have had a stroke or have cancer, but other than that we just treat the symptoms as we can only guess at what is causing the problem".
  That was good enough for me.
  As Otto Von Bismark once said: "the less people know about how laws and sausages are made, the better off they will be".                             Bob                
                                                            :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:10:02 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline Tman

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »
No, meant Mr Boyd aint as big as he used to be! :oops: Dudes still got guns tho.....

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 10:32:21 PM »
  While watching The California Hot Rod Reunion (from last October) on Bangshift.com, I witnessed Big Mike do a burnout in the tower lane, crossing over into the right lane and swerving around another Fuel Altered that had already rolled to a stop. 
  He then drove back into his lane, came to a stop and they both backed up as if nothing happened.
  Willy Borsch is probably still smilling in his Urn.  If you can't find it on You Tube I am sure that it must be in the Bangshift.com archives. 
Bob Drury

Offline Tman

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »
  While watching The California Hot Rod Reunion (from last October) on Bangshift.com, I witnessed Big Mike do a burnout in the tower lane, crossing over into the right lane and swerving around another Fuel Altered that had already rolled to a stop. 
  He then drove back into his lane, came to a stop and they both backed up as if nothing happened.
  Willy Borsch is probably still smilling in his Urn.  If you can't find it on You Tube I am sure that it must be in the Bangshift.com archives. 

Yeah, that was last year. Channelling Wild Willie me thinks.

Offline dw230

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 02:18:44 PM »
I was there for that act. Right in front of us in the stands, the people sat in stunned silence. Then, as they say, the crowd went wild.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 03:40:52 PM »
  Dan, the scariest part as I remember was the other guy's backup crew person who was between Mike and the other car.
  If he didn't crap his pants, I don't know why.............  Bob
Bob Drury