Author Topic: Stone Woods & Cook  (Read 7280 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Stone Woods & Cook
« on: January 05, 2012, 06:52:06 PM »
   Drag Racing Online has a short article and picture of Mike Cook Sr. and Jr.'s new Nostalgia Mustang Funny Car.  The car looks great and according to the article Junior is slated to drive.
  After last years health issues it is great to hear that Junior is healing or healed up!!!!       Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Bville701

Re: Stone Woods & Cook
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 10:16:39 PM »
You are correct Junior is going to drive, and the car looks awesome!!! Check out their web-site or facebook page www.stonewoodscook.com

:cheers:
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:36:37 PM »
This would make Doug(Cookie) Cook very proud.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »
Hey guys we are set to test in Bakersfield on feb 18-19 in preparation to run the march meet. If you're going to be there stop by and say hi thanks for all the support
Mike cook jr

Offline Tman

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 11:25:07 AM »
Hey guys we are set to test in Bakersfield on feb 18-19 in preparation to run the march meet. If you're going to be there stop by and say hi thanks for all the support

You guys got some neat stuff going on! :cheers:

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 02:07:01 PM »
Here are a couple of pictures of the car fresh out of Denny Jones paint shop.

The pictures are by super LSR photog Zane McNary
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline desotoman

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 03:26:58 PM »
I heard rumor that Jeff Gaynor is supplying the motor and tuneup. True or False?

Tom G.

PS. Jr. I hope tire shake will not affect you in any way.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:28:33 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 06:29:53 PM »
Tom jeff will be supplying the motor and clutch dad will be putting the motor together and dad and jeff will work togather om the tune up and about the tire shack I will let you know 8-)
Mike cook jr

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 06:01:05 PM »
Wanted to drop in and say hello and thank you for all the support that the land speed family showed us at the march meet it was awsome saterday night in our pit looked like a BBQ on the dirt there were so many of you out there showing us love thank you. Now for the update we got are nastalgia nitro funny car licenses with a best run of 6.40 @ 211 mph. Be sure to stop by or web site Swcnitrofunnycar.com a buy a shirt to help us get to Tucson AZ for a match race in two weeks again thank you for all your guys support.
Mike cook jr

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 06:25:31 PM »
  Mike, it is so good to hear that not only are you healed up but got a NITRO FC liscense!
  Being a old Top Fuel drag racer, and having had your grandfather sign a 1960's picture for me, it brings great joy to my heart to see what you and your dad have accomplished together.
  Good luck on both the asphalt and of course Bonneville.
  And tell Gaynor that he sucks eggs............ (tell him Bob says hello).  :-D :cheers: :-D
                                                                Bob Drury
p.s. tell your Dad that Geisler is doing better, walking around muttering and expousing or cursing everything in the world............ so just fine.                                                 
Bob Drury

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 06:26:24 PM »
Junior, you did GOOD. :cheers:
Glen & Carol
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 06:48:02 PM »
Other Bonneville racers running at the Bakersfield March meet were Les Davenport (Target 550 ) and Rick White who was runner up in top fuel. Les was his class winner.Good showing by all.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 06:57:34 PM »
Big hugs and congratulations from way up north, Mike - and all of your crew and builders and family and everyone.  Sorry we couldn't be there -- but who knows, maybe one of these days we'll make it out west.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline GH

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 09:47:17 AM »
Bob Drury, what is wrong with Bruce Geisler???

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 12:48:50 PM »
  Gary, Bruce has been dealing with back issues for several years and had back surgery a few months ago.
  He is walking around without aid but still having pretty constant pain problems.
  He would probably get better a lot faster if he wasn't defying his doctor's, wifes, and friends orders to take it easy, stay off his feet, etc.
  Old Brucie has never been big on following others advice, and just completed removing the blown small block and tranny out of his beloved "Geisler Construction" pink 51 GMC pickup which he has sold minus running gear.
  The running gear is going into, of course, a new street rod (either number six or seven) he has stashed between Huntington Beach and Vancouver.
  I am sure Bruces back problems have nothing to do with his sixty year history on the salt.
  Amongst (I am sure, many other racers) He has introduced Mike Cook Sr., Dyno and myself to the Salt, and cost each of us any chance of living a comfortable retirement..................   Bob  :roll: :cheers: :roll:
Bob Drury