Author Topic: Looking back  (Read 4422 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Looking back
« on: December 23, 2011, 01:00:19 PM »
Over the last few years looking back through the build diaries it shows the craftsmanship by many of the LSR people that are or have built a vehicle. Many ideas come from this site and much is learned from it. The designs and fabrication methods have helped a lot of racers with their projects.I think a great big thank you go to all that use this forum to help each other. I enjoy every thing on the LSR web site, The photos are a great asset to all building vehicles.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Tman

Re: Looking back
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 01:50:28 PM »
I agree glen, you will see me logged in here and I am probably digging through old posts or running a search about some item of interest. Thanks to all who take the time to document AND post pictures! :cheers:

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 02:11:46 PM »
Bravo fellas Almost everything I have learned about LSR and construction comes from here. Thank you to all who contribute and post photos as we have a couple of projects going in one stage or another Merry Christmas, Happy Year and thanks to all. :-D :cheers: :-D
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 02:26:02 PM »
Everyone who starts here before their build has a big head start on those who don't!  :cheers: :cheers:

I've been around more "blocks" (pun intended?) than I can remember and I always learn something new on each visit!  :cheers:

Or maybe it was just something I forgot?  :-o
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline hotschue

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 03:04:52 PM »
AMEN!!!
Udo Horn
221.559 D/CGC '03
182.144 G/GMS 2019

Offline fordfan289

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 03:19:11 PM »
As a newbie who loves all things fast plus an intrest in learnig. The people and info on here is unbelivable.

Offline Freud

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 07:02:26 PM »
It's looking like my job will be changing on the Target550 site.

There aren't so many more things to document. Many of the parts are being removed.

The frame still has welds to finish  and then the paint. After that I imagine that it will relocate to

Treit's place in Oregon. The distance will change from 56 miles to about 240 miles one way.

I have several ideas to keep everyone informed and educated. We will do our best to document

the progress still present new information.

Just hang in there with us.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »
Over the last few years looking back through the build diaries it shows the craftsmanship by many of the LSR people that are or have built a vehicle. Many ideas come from this site and much is learned from it. The designs and fabrication methods have helped a lot of racers with their projects.I think a great big thank you go to all that use this forum to help each other. I enjoy every thing on the LSR web site, The photos are a great asset to all building vehicles.

Too true Glen, it has been invaluable to us both as a resource and as an outlet.........well ,we took in valuable information and spewed out 150 pages of shit. It's been a HOME to me for the last six years.

Hey, and I've met lots of great people.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.