Author Topic: Record Holding Lakester For Sale  (Read 6742 times)

Offline fastman614

Record Holding Lakester For Sale
« on: December 17, 2011, 02:14:18 AM »
I don't know if I really want to do this but ..... If the $$$ materialize, the car and everything else will go!

-218" WB Mark Williams DESIGN chassis- built by Dave Green Racing Enterprises.
-custom fully enclosed dragster/lakester body-built by DG R/E
-3 1/2" dropped axle in front w/49-54 Chev Spindles.
-Rack and Pinion Steering c/w collapsible steering shaft (by DG R/E)
-Ford 9" Rear Axle- NARROW (Currie housing) C/W drum brakes
-Goodyear LSR front (21" OD) and rear (28"OD) tires and/or Mickey Thompson rear (30" OD) tires...
-the fronts are on Cragar Super Trick spindle mount rims and the rears are ALL on steel wheels.
-MOON discs (for the 18 inchers) and stainless steel clones (for the 15 inchers) and inner discs on the front
-30 gal WATER TANK with a BIG opener to add ice...
-a 200000 BTU/Hr water to water heat exchanger
-Grundfoss circulating pump C/W 12V-120V Inverter and thermostat control
-MSD 7AL ignition system
-RacePak data acquisition system ($4000 new)

NASCAR TYPE RUNNING GEAR as follows:
-Dodge R5P7 Engine - 368 CU. IN. ... dyno'd by Wayne Jesel at 840+HP
-Edelbrock  R5P7 Intake manifold modified to accept a STRAIGHT 2" SPACER for rhe following-
-Book Racing Holley Dominator carburetor (and-the scoop "floor" plate accomodates both 4150 & 4500 series carbs
-Daly 5 stage dry sump C/W Paterson Tank
-Tex Racing T101 4 spd transmission. Hurst shifter & manual shift linkage from the cockpit

ALSO AVAILABLE:
-DODGE R5P7 Engine - 376 CU. IN. (B Class)... Dyno'd by Joey Arrington at 849HP
--New parachute
-cool shirt tank and lines
-dual fire extinguisher systems FE1211/FE1301 Halon... re-certifiable or re-certified (your choice)

The car, in incarnation one, was featured on the National Geographic video "Salt Flat Speedway".... It set the C/GL Record at 275.674MPH at the World Finals in 2010 and upped the record at Bonneville Speedweek 2011 to 276.786MPH. The car is available in basically running condition and possibly with some help. The fastest observed speed was 282 MPH in the terminal velocity traps (Oct 2010). The record speeds got 2 people into the 200MPH Club.

The car/engine combo is race ready (except for seat belts which expired in Oct 2011) and still has several more miles per hour in it..... as well as the possibility of being run as a C/FL (278.XXX MPH) car for THAT record as well. My gut feeling is that the car is capable of 300MPH in its(more or less) present incarnation.

Several extra gear sets in 1% to 3% increments from 3.00 to 1 down to 2.75 to 1 as well as a 2.50 to 1 and a 2.47 to 1 set (all set up in 3rd members) are available as spares....

-a Diest 3-2A20 Fire suit and some other safety stuff is also available.

I built this car to set speed records and bought the BEST parts that I could afford!

BTW....the car and ALL spare parts are IN CANADA!.....This is NOT an issue to any prospective American purchaser but -to ANY PROSPECTIVE CANADIAN purchaser - the car was built in CANADA and ALL of the parts were brought into Canada LEGALLY!

ASKING PRICE $80000..... negotiable......you cannot duplicate this for anywhere near the price! The engines/intake/running gear, wheels & tires & safety equipment will pretty much cost you that.

No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline fastman614

Re: Record Holding Lakester For Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 12:02:23 PM »
CONTACT INFORMATION:
Dave Green
250-549-3247 Landline
250-870-2295 Cellphone (text msg OK)
fastman614@gmail.com

I don't know if I really want to do this but ..... If the $$$ materialize, the car and everything else will go!

-218" WB Mark Williams DESIGN chassis- built by Dave Green Racing Enterprises.
-custom fully enclosed dragster/lakester body-built by DG R/E
-3 1/2" dropped axle in front w/49-54 Chev Spindles.
-Rack and Pinion Steering c/w collapsible steering shaft (by DG R/E)
-Ford 9" Rear Axle- NARROW (Currie housing) C/W drum brakes
-Goodyear LSR front (21" OD) and rear (28"OD) tires and/or Mickey Thompson rear (30" OD) tires...
-the fronts are on Cragar Super Trick spindle mount rims and the rears are ALL on steel wheels.
-MOON discs (for the 18 inchers) and stainless steel clones (for the 15 inchers) and inner discs on the front
-30 gal WATER TANK with a BIG opener to add ice...
-a 200000 BTU/Hr water to water heat exchanger
-Grundfoss circulating pump C/W 12V-120V Inverter and thermostat control
-MSD 7AL ignition system
-RacePak data acquisition system ($4000 new)

NASCAR TYPE RUNNING GEAR as follows:
-Dodge R5P7 Engine - 368 CU. IN. ... dyno'd by Wayne Jesel at 840+HP
-Edelbrock  R5P7 Intake manifold modified to accept a STRAIGHT 2" SPACER for rhe following-
-Book Racing Holley Dominator carburetor (and-the scoop "floor" plate accomodates both 4150 & 4500 series carbs
-Daly 5 stage dry sump C/W Paterson Tank
-Tex Racing T101 4 spd transmission. Hurst shifter & manual shift linkage from the cockpit

ALSO AVAILABLE:
-DODGE R5P7 Engine - 376 CU. IN. (B Class)... Dyno'd by Joey Arrington at 849HP
--New parachute
-cool shirt tank and lines
-dual fire extinguisher systems FE1211/FE1301 Halon... re-certifiable or re-certified (your choice)

The car, in incarnation one, was featured on the National Geographic video "Salt Flat Speedway".... It set the C/GL Record at 275.674MPH at the World Finals in 2010 and upped the record at Bonneville Speedweek 2011 to 276.786MPH. The car is available in basically running condition and possibly with some help. The fastest observed speed was 282 MPH in the terminal velocity traps (Oct 2010). The record speeds got 2 people into the 200MPH Club.

The car/engine combo is race ready (except for seat belts which expired in Oct 2011) and still has several more miles per hour in it..... as well as the possibility of being run as a C/FL (278.XXX MPH) car for THAT record as well. My gut feeling is that the car is capable of 300MPH in its(more or less) present incarnation.

Several extra gear sets in 1% to 3% increments from 3.00 to 1 down to 2.75 to 1 as well as a 2.50 to 1 and a 2.47 to 1 set (all set up in 3rd members) are available as spares....

-a Diest 3-2A20 Fire suit and some other safety stuff is also available.

I built this car to set speed records and bought the BEST parts that I could afford!

BTW....the car and ALL spare parts are IN CANADA!.....This is NOT an issue to any prospective American purchaser but -to ANY PROSPECTIVE CANADIAN purchaser - the car was built in CANADA and ALL of the parts were brought into Canada LEGALLY!

ASKING PRICE $80000..... negotiable......you cannot duplicate this for anywhere near the price! The engines/intake/running gear, wheels & tires & safety equipment will pretty much cost you that.

Offline fastman614

Re: Record Holding Lakester For Sale
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:51:08 AM »
The car is still for sale .....

NEW contact info:

Landline one: 250-549-3247
Landline two: 604-534-3246
NEW Cellphone: 778-246-3247