Author Topic: Anatomy of a Crash on SALT ADDICTION  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
Anatomy of a Crash on SALT ADDICTION
« on: December 11, 2011, 12:13:23 AM »
In an attempt to be the first motorcycle over 400 mph, not everything goes as planned. Here's our story:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/287/11750/Motorcycle-Article/Salt-Addiction--Anatomy-of-a-Crash.aspx

Enjoy the ride.

RR

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Anatomy of a Crash on SALT ADDICTION
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 12:49:57 AM »
Has traction control been used successfully on slower bikes like partial streamliners?

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 05:05:16 AM »
Thanks for the report Rocky. It's nice to get the whole truth from those involved rather than ill informed and opinionated rumours from "experts" who have never been there.

I hope you've fully recovered from the effects of the crash and are ready for a new attempt. To Mike and the crew I wish you all the best on the rebuild and any further attempts. All of you are a class act that have shown persistence and care in accomplishing your goals. I'm sure this accident will cause further analysis of your procedures to minimize the effects of any further incidents. Would installing the bodywork have made the effects of the tip less? I would think so. (That may be one of those uninformed opinions!)

I don't envy those involved in the clean-up. Is there any place the salt didn't get to? This is going to be a long winter, but you'll definitely know that nothing's been missed in going over the bike before the next run.

Good luck in your run to 400 in 2012. We'll all be watching and cheering.

Pete

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 09:48:34 AM »
Rocky, thanks for the report and it is nice to hear the facts from you. Glad to hear you are ok. I appreciate guys like you that are on the very forward edge of top performance.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM