Author Topic: '84 Dodge Rampage Build Thread  (Read 822003 times)

Online Stan Back

Re: '84 Dodge Rampage Build Thread
« Reply #645 on: April 16, 2013, 11:39:26 AM »
They can use tape weights on the front side.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #646 on: April 16, 2013, 11:52:44 AM »
Ya got me there - again, Stan.  I was thinking of putting the discs on street vehicles -- where crimp-on weights are the norm.  Sure, on a race vehicle, tape weights on either in or out side would oughta should probably maybe be most likely okay.  Got that?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SteveM

« Reply #647 on: April 16, 2013, 12:00:41 PM »
Got it.  You guys are correct, there is enough of a "lip" for stick-on weights on the outside.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline salt27

« Reply #648 on: April 16, 2013, 01:22:18 PM »
I place duct tape over the weights.

It not only helps hold them in place but you do not have to wonder if any of them went missing.

Don

Offline Tman

« Reply #649 on: April 16, 2013, 02:01:21 PM »

Offline SteveM

« Reply #650 on: April 16, 2013, 02:26:15 PM »
You'd better be careful, Trent.  Once you start looking at these things, it's a very short trip to owning one.

If you decide to buy, try to find the most rust-free example you can get your hands on.  It would be worth the road trip to CA or AZ if you can find a non-rusty specimen.

Offline Tman

« Reply #651 on: April 16, 2013, 02:30:55 PM »
You'd better be careful, Trent.  Once you start looking at these things, it's a very short trip to owning one.

If you decide to buy, try to find the most rust-free example you can get your hands on.  It would be worth the road trip to CA or AZ if you can find a non-rusty specimen.

Rapid City and the Black Hills are better than those places anyway. We have a high desert climate with very little precip.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #652 on: April 16, 2013, 05:23:10 PM »
Moving right along Steve! Keep at it! Your wheels turned out nice!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

gkabbt

« Reply #653 on: April 16, 2013, 06:03:11 PM »
One for the Rampage folks
http://sd.craigslist.org/cto/3746122750.html

Trent, count me out on this one as my current Rampage has been and continues to drain me of $$$$$.....  :-o :evil:  :-D

Gregg

Offline SteveM

« Reply #654 on: April 16, 2013, 11:01:54 PM »
Here's another quick update...

I went to my kids' art show and summer concert at school this evening - it was a good time.  Nice artwork, and the school band is getting pretty good.  They played a version of "Smoke on the Water" that was really good.

When I got home, I caught my second wind and got out into the garage to make a little more progress

I managed to get the Moon disks drilled, dimpled, and Dzus'ed to the wheels. 

I have always wanted a set of genuine Moon disks, and now I do.

My next short term goal is to get the wheels painted, and get the tires mounted by the end of the week.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #655 on: April 16, 2013, 11:16:36 PM »
 :cheers:Steve,lookin good :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline SteveM

« Reply #656 on: April 18, 2013, 08:35:28 AM »
Baby steps, but I managed to get the wheels changed to a shiny orange color last night.

(semi-crummy cell phone pic).

Tires and balancing are on the books for tomorrow.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #657 on: April 18, 2013, 09:38:26 AM »
Red Hot Chilli. Great color but it's a pity the moon discs will cover them. Steve, do you have a day job?. You are on this 24/7. I'm only here for the pics and you keep me coming back every day. :-D I can't wait to see the final product. Thanks.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #658 on: April 18, 2013, 11:28:15 AM »
I do have a "day job", although sometimes it's at night, and sometimes on the weekend.  The sheepskin on the wall says Metallurgical Engineer.  My business card says Plant Manager.  In day to day function, I'm a salesman, production planner, personal life counselor, rules enforcer, fork truck driver, welder, and general get-r-done guy.  I'm also personal liason with our shipping folks, ensuring that all of my personal packages are delivered promptly and without damage.

Today, the UPS man brought another important element - a 3 gallon fuel cell.  It's never had fuel in it, just smells like fresh aluminum and anti-slosh foam inside....

Offline Crackerman

« Reply #659 on: April 18, 2013, 11:46:13 AM »
Is that foam diesel compatible?
I have seen foam break down over time in gas engines even and wreak havok on the fuel system.

a surge tank is about the best only solution along with creative baffling to limit air ingestion without any foam failures.