Author Topic: '84 Dodge Rampage Build Thread  (Read 818108 times)

Offline SteveM

Re: '84 Dodge Rampage Build Thread
« Reply #420 on: March 05, 2013, 08:52:34 AM »
There are protective suits that can prevent the Ebola virus from contacting human skin, but I think POR-15 can still get through.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline SteveM

« Reply #421 on: March 07, 2013, 02:06:42 PM »
Teaser shot of the bead-blasted and rattle-canned K-frame and lower control arms.

I've been spending money like I have it to spend (which I don't).  I have received all of the Moog control arm bushings, ball joints, and strut rod bushings.  I have received the Polybushing rear spring bushings.  I have received all of the turbo plumbing goodies that I bought.

Bushing and balljoint installation should be late afternoon/early evening.  I like to spend a little "after hours" time at work to get this kind of stuff done.

More pics to follow, later tonight.

My next steps are to get the Rampage off the rotisserie, get the suspension mounted, and get it back on 4 wheels.  As always, I'll keep posting pics and try to keep moving forward.

Steve.

gkabbt

« Reply #422 on: March 07, 2013, 02:52:17 PM »
I've been spending money like I have it to spend (which I don't).  

Aren't all Racers like this?  ???  I know I am  :-D
Update sounds and looks good.
Good talking with you yesterday and I look forward to the 16th.

Gregg

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #423 on: March 07, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »
Teaser shot of the bead-blasted and rattle-canned K-frame and lower control arms...

Steve.

Steve, rattle-can paint sounds so cheap :| here in middle Kansas we canodize our parts  :-D

keep up the good work
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SteveM

« Reply #424 on: March 07, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »
I have to share my enthusiasm for the rattle-can paint I'm using.  It's called Dem-Kote, which is a Grainger house brand.  It covers great, goes on smooth, has high gloss, and dries quickly. 

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/DEMKOTE-Spray-Paint-6FGH7?BaseItem=1VKA5

We use it on some machinery and parts at work.  I ended up buying a case of it for my personal use.  All of the suspension components will be this medium machinery gray color, as well as the engine block and some more of the under-hood accessories.

Steve

Offline Tman

« Reply #425 on: March 07, 2013, 03:45:04 PM »
Teaser shot of the bead-blasted and rattle-canned K-frame and lower control arms...

Steve.

Steve, rattle-can paint sounds so cheap :| here in middle Kansas we canodize our parts  :-D

keep up the good work

That is good, I am going to steal that line!

gkabbt

« Reply #426 on: March 07, 2013, 03:52:04 PM »

Steve.

keep up the good work

That is good, I am going to steal that line!

LMAO and I was thinking the same thing!

Offline SteveM

« Reply #427 on: March 08, 2013, 08:45:51 AM »
I canodized some bolts and nuts for the suspension last night, but didn't take any photos.

I feel like my project has some good momentum right now.  I got the front LCA's rebuilt and ready to install.  I got the Poly bushings installed in the rear springs last night, and I got the entire Rampage removed from the rotisserie and put back on jackstands.

A few photos to share...

ball joints, control arm bushings, and strut rod bushings.

I have gotten into the habit of photographing the part#'s for everything - these photos may come in handy at some point in the future.

all of the poly bushings, new bolts, and new sleeves for the rear leaf springs.

Canodized LCA's with the new Moog goodies installed.

New poly bushings installed in the big end of a rear leaf.

After a liberal coating of poly bushing grease.

This poly bushing grease is just about the stickiest, tackiest, most slippery, gummy, get-on-everything substance that I have messed with.
It's another one of those materials which is best described as Gorilla Snot.

Steve.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #428 on: March 08, 2013, 08:47:52 AM »
For Tman, here are some photos of that intercooler.

Let me know if you are interested.  The inlet and outlet are 2-1/2" on the OD.

Steve.

Offline Tman

« Reply #429 on: March 08, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
 I like the idea of that grease, what brand is it?

As for the IC, looks like a perfect fit for our car! Let me double check a couple things tonight and will drop you a line. We need to talk bicycles anyway! :cheers:

Offline SteveM

« Reply #430 on: March 08, 2013, 10:25:48 AM »
Sure thing, Trent.  That grease came directly from polybushings.com, as part of the kit for these springs and shackles.  It is some seriously tacky stuff.

Our "Tuesday Night Worlds' Championship" racing series starts next week.  Hard to believe that it's road racing/criterium season already.

Steve

Offline Tman

« Reply #431 on: March 08, 2013, 10:28:31 AM »
Sure thing, Trent.  That grease came directly from polybushings.com, as part of the kit for these springs and shackles.  It is some seriously tacky stuff.

Our "Tuesday Night Worlds' Championship" racing series starts next week.  Hard to believe that it's road racing/criterium season already.

Steve

Yea, I have been up too late all week watching Paris-Nice. Hope to do a slush ride on the monstercross bike this weekend, we need the moisture!

gkabbt

« Reply #432 on: March 08, 2013, 10:29:44 AM »
I have gotten into the habit of photographing the part#'s for everything - these photos may come in handy at some point in the future.

You're probably doing this as well but also write down the year, make, model and part you are getting from other Chryco cars for your Rampage.
Other parts for my Rampage are from Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth cars. Mine list is in my log book for reference.

Gregg

gkabbt

« Reply #433 on: March 08, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »
That grease came directly from polybushings.com, as part of the kit for these springs and shackles.  It is some seriously tacky stuff.

Got the same kit and I'll agree.....seriously tacky stuff.

Gregg

Offline tauruck

« Reply #434 on: March 08, 2013, 10:56:35 AM »

Steve
So you and Trent are into bike racing?. I shut down shop in July to watch Le Tour.