Author Topic: 2012 SCTA Rules CHANGES  (Read 33839 times)

Offline Tman

Re: 2012 SCTA Rules CHANGES
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2011, 07:30:59 PM »
Trent,

If the details were known that comment would have been unnecessary.

Contact the team if you must be 'in the know'

I sign - disappointed,
DW

It is all in smart aleck jest, we have all been through it before and I mean no ill will but echo the sentiment of many Dan.  :-)

Offline dw230

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2011, 11:55:05 PM »
Understood - May Joanie and I wish all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I must express these thoughts early because we are boarding a ship in a couple of weeks to holiday in the Bahamas - one of the pleasures of grown kids.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Tman

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2011, 10:04:13 AM »
Have fun on the boat Dan! :cheers:

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2011, 10:16:35 AM »
  Have a fun trip, Dan, and drink lots of their "good" wine and skip the 2 Buck Chuck. And Merry Christmas. [Hope the cuss filter didn't get that].
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2011, 10:35:27 AM »
  Have a fun trip, Dan, and drink lots of their "good" wine and skip the 2 Buck Chuck. And Merry Christmas. [Hope the cuss filter didn't get that].

Dan
The bad news is you don't find a lot of good wine in the Caribbean....  :|  the good news is the always have good beer and great rum... some with those cute little umbrellas to keep the warm sunshine off your drink.
It was great to see Joanie at the salt this year, both of you have a terrific trip and a very Happy Christmas.... and of course a Merry New Year
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2011, 01:21:48 PM »
We found the Chilean wines served in the Caribbean areas to be most drinkable.  Had a hard time getting used to it being served in glass bottles as opposed to our preferred cardboard-clad plastic bladders.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Tman

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2011, 03:27:02 PM »
We found the Chilean wines served in the Caribbean areas to be most drinkable.  Had a hard time getting used to it being served in glass bottles as opposed to our preferred cardboard-clad plastic bladders.

Been a fan of wines from Argentina and Chile for some time.  :cheers:

Online jl222

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »

A freind , Bville racer and about 10 others go to a cabin every fall at Shaver Lake in the Sierra mts behind me to do maintenance, get it ready for winter ect.
  The owners son is a wine connoisseur [took me 10 min to spell that one] so Bud brings out a bottle of 2 Buck Chuck
 and says ''lets have a blind taste'' :-D
 The guy taste it, and his good stuff, and says ''this is definitely the good stuff!!'' 2 Buck Chuck :-o

JL222 :cheers:

They even invited him back the next year :-D

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2011, 01:45:22 AM »
  With Dan being gone this seems like a good time to bring up a subject that many of us often forget including me, and that is respect.
  One of the problems with being online is responding to a previous post before thinking the subject through.  I know that I have often been guilty of this very thing.
  Keep in mind that Dan (who has to spend a lot of time answering and trying to explain new rules or rewritten rules that he has no say in to those of us who are not quite smart enough to understand them.
  I can truely understand everyones concerns and angst when it comes to new or modified rules, but keep in mind that NO individual is responsible for them.
  To make a example, a lot of our fellow racers seem to have great concern about the new WING rule in competition coupe.
  This is a rule that was written by people who either have currently, or have had a Comp Coupe vehicle.
  Apparently some folks who don't have a dog in this fight have taken great humbrage with how the new rule is written.
  I wuld like to suggest that  we all who don't race in this class, refrain from commenting on the new rule change, as it doen't pertain to our classes.
  What I am trying to say here is this:  lets all cut the rule makers a little slack, especially when its not a class we run in.
  I think that most of realize what a thankless job  making rules  and enforcing them is a no-win situation. 
  Remember, we are all in this together.          Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2011, 02:10:32 AM »
I agree Bob.

Just remember that Dan chooses to be active on this website to help the competitors understand the rules and the thinking behind them. He doesn't make the rules. Beating on Dan isn't going to get you anywhere as far as getting the rule changed, there are proper procedures for that. :-D :-D :-D

Furthermore, just remember if you do make it to impound the man in charge is Dan. I'm not saying that he would take it out on you but he has the power to and if he had a vengeful attitude he could make your impound experience rather unpleasant. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pete

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2011, 08:30:38 AM »
Furthermore, just remember if you do make it to impound the man in charge is Dan. I'm not saying that he would take it out on you but he has the power to and if he had a vengeful attitude he could make your impound experience rather unpleasant. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pete
I don't see that happening. Wayno

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2011, 09:05:04 AM »
I agree Wayno! I was just sayin'.

Pete

Offline Tman

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2011, 11:51:45 AM »
We all know Dan is one of the good guys, not saying there are bad ones, just using a figure of speech. I personally APPRECIATE his online presence here and on the HAMB where he fields many of the same questions ON HIS OWN TIME. Time better spent drinking wine and/or beer :wink: :cheers:

Offline dw230

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2011, 04:57:27 PM »
We haven't left yet - the 17th.

Rum becomes the daily beverage when going off shore. At least now I know what you guts say behind my back. Cool

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Tman

« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2011, 05:00:51 PM »
We haven't left yet - the 17th.

Rum becomes the daily beverage when going off shore. At least now I know what you guts say behind my back. Cool

DW

Naw, you just didn't get into the invite-only thread about you :-D :-P