Author Topic: BUB rules for 2012 regarding partial streamlining  (Read 16696 times)

Offline dw230

Re: BUB rules for 2012 regarding partial streamlining
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 10:17:47 AM »
SCTA rule change suggestion cutoff is Sept. 1st.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 10:25:54 AM »
Please note that everything is just a proposal at this point. Nothing is actually set in stone yet as they have to meet and decide just what they will and will not allow if anything.   Also I have nothing to do with these decisions only heard rumors like everyone else. If I gave the impression that I was part of the decision making or knew something more than is already out there I apologize as that was not my intent.

DO NOT make any changes to your bikes based on anything I said is what I am trying to say. Wait for the rules to be posted or build your bike to SCTA specs and hope that the AMA adopts similar rules.  That way if it does not pan out you can still run at SCTA events with what you got.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 10:28:03 AM by nrhs sales »

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 05:55:33 PM »
Today I received unofficial news that AMA will not be adopting new tailsection rules like SCTA, ECTA, and LTA.  They will be running it as a demonstration class only to test the waters.  Since I will be competing at Loring first, I will be completing my build to the new LTA, etc. rules.  I will wait for the official announcement, and whether I run or not depends upon how much, if any, they intend to charge for this "demonstration" class. I already have the record in my class and it is a large expense just to go.
Tom
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 06:33:39 PM by Koncretekid »
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 10:44:04 PM »
That is a shame Tom. I was looking forward to running with a new tail at BUB this year. It seems odd that they will not conform to SCTA and other rules. That just means that AMA class records will be slower than the equivalent classes at other LSR venues. I can't think of any reason to not equalize the field. The AMA rules started out as a copy of the SCTA rules so why not keep up?

What is the "Demonstration Class" Is that a non record holding class?

Thanks for the notification. I will be waiting for the official rules to see what it actually says.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 11:22:16 PM »
Tom, no more record chasing for me.  Now and just race for the thrill of going faster with FIM streamlining.  Do you know if that will work in the new demo class?

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »
What is the "Demonstration Class" Is that a non record holding class?
Don

Don't know yet, Don.  Maybe that's an invitation to "Demonstrate."  Maybe we should start an "Occupy Bonneville Salt Flats" movement.

Tom, no more record chasing for me.  Now and just race for the thrill of going faster with FIM streamlining.  Do you know if that will work in the new demo class?

"Faster Horses, Younger...", never mind.  Yes, the thrill of going faster is what drives us, but it's always nice when there is an acknowledgement at the end of the day. 

Tom
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:32:35 AM by Koncretekid »
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline maj

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 05:22:21 PM »
Damn thats a pity
Was discussing this with Charlie H at the Cook shootout as we cut into Richard Assens tailpiece
Maybe FIM will still adopt the scta type regs ???

Offline bak189

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 09:40:17 AM »
Yes.......and it would also be great if SCTA/BNI adopted AMA/FIM rules on sidecars.................OH, well.....Happy Racing in 2012
Question authority.....always