Author Topic: Rear end selection for LSR blown gas coupe  (Read 1929 times)

Offline craigibc

Rear end selection for LSR blown gas coupe
« on: November 30, 2011, 02:33:32 AM »
I am currently building my car (62 Ford Falcon) to run at the dry lakes and the salt out at Bonneville. I have a 8.8 but it needs to be heavily modified to pass tech. Im starting to reconsidering my decision, since the 8.8 is not in the car yet. And am looking at possibly building a Ford 9" for this car or a quick-change rear end.

1. I am working on a budget, so I want to get the most and the best for my investment.
2. I am thinking long term, so I do not want to build something to replace it in two years.
3. Do I want a open rear end or trac loc?
4. What gear selection should I choose to eventually run into the dirty 2's?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Rear end selection for LSR blown gas coupe
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:51:55 AM »
I have run a Caddie 10-12  with a 2.28 the 8.8 is basacially a later version  In my opinion you will like the Torsen type rear diff!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 11:49:41 AM »
PM sent.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline craigibc

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 11:53:39 PM »
Thanks for help on this topics. There are so many bits and pieces to build these cars it would be overwhelming without a community like this!

Craig