Author Topic: Resistance Forces Other Than Aero  (Read 11856 times)

Offline Tman

Re: Resistance Forces Other Than Aero
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 11:19:54 AM »
Tri-Flow works great on chains. Light lube smells sorta like bananas

Offline johnneilson

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 12:14:29 PM »
Transmission can be treated, REM process current, in the past used SuperTech treatment.
If nothing else, you can narrow up the gears (within reason) or groove them to reduce the pumping action.
Ceramic bearings can reduce drag also. Be carefull of application, I have destroyed full compliment units due to shifting (engine speed accel/decel).

John
As Carroll Smith wrote; All Failures are Human in Origin.

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 02:23:21 AM »
This may not be useful to anyone here, but link-plate-chains (aka "silent" chains) have a surprising attribute- they inherently display near-zero internal friction! The Morse website has a very clear illustration of how the design (using Morse Hy-Vo as an example) utilizes a "rolling" action rather than the pivoting action of a roller chain. I don't know, however, how typical chain-to-sprocket friction values compare with roller chain.
[Anybody remember the monster-sized engine-to-transmission link chain of the FWD Olds Toronado?!]
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2011, 05:56:03 AM »
We had those trannies in the GMC motorhomes
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!