Author Topic: ECTA announes a new motorcycle engine class  (Read 14672 times)

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
Re: ECTA announes a new motorcycle engine class
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 08:40:26 AM »
Car class designations are easy compared to bikes !!!

See you all next weekend,

CV
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline RacerX9623

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 09:39:12 AM »
Ok thanks Joe  ,I thought that the -4 would be redundant since it is an over head cam engine.
trying to go 200 KPH with a 250cc four stroke.

Offline edinlr

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 11:17:25 PM »
I am not griping about the class.  In fact I was thinking how great for my Honda Hawk, Honda RC 51's, and Suzuki 1000 twins, but then I thought about the Ducatis.  Anyone with a spare $20,000-30,000 can go buy something that would kick my $1500 Honda's butt.  I thought about the Buells and V-Rods, but they are not nearly as developed as the Ducs.  The new 1199 is rated at 195 hp and a top speed close to that number also.  The old 750 and 999 are in similar company for their class, just hard to beat.  I am sure there are enough fanatics who will be out there trying, just had to voice my thoughts, but I am thinking the only thing that will beat a $25,000 Ducati will be a Ducati with $40,000 spent on it. There was the pushrod rule to keep the BMW's with tiny pushrods from killing all the Guzzi and Harley records, just wondering if there needs to be a desmo rule?
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 11:29:47 PM »
Edlinr, in theory every race is lost before it is won.  There is always the possibility someone with a lot of resources, skill, luck, and ambition can set the records up where no one can get them.  There are a lot of classes and a person on a slower bike can set some records before the fast folks figure out what they are doing.  The trick is to be quick and nimble and to get out on the track while you still have a chance.

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 01:40:22 PM »
Charles, you and Joe Roberts both say bike classes are harder to understand. How is that? We use numbers for numbers and y'all use letters for numbers and letters. They didn't learn me that in school, but they didn't learn me much but what daddy learnt me with a tobacco stick.

Offline edinlr

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 07:32:09 PM »
Wobbly Walrus
I totally agree about resources.  The old saying "speed cost money, how fast do you want to go" applys in virtually all areas of racing.  I was just whining that I can't afford a $35,000 bike.  I agree that the early birds will get the worms.  Hopefully the Vrods, Hondas and Suzukis can get in some quick hits.
Ed
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »
The term used should be; "Speed cost money. How fast can you afford to go".

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 11:20:44 PM »
I'll be running a Duc in MPS-1000 and yes, I have spent plenty of money on this build just like just about everyone else here has, but I committed to building this bike long before the ECTA and LTA added twin classes that it could compete for records in.  Before that, my only real shot at a record was with FIM at BUB.  I didn't care, I just wanted to do a project with the local Ducati shop that treated me like a loyal customer even though I had never bought a bike there.  Being able to have a shot at records is great but it is also possible that I will be sitting back and watching a more recent Ducati than my 996 put a whipping on me. 

I am pretty sure I will need to upgrade engines to have any real shot at 200 down the road which is what most of my friends are more concerned about.  Me?  I just want to have a good safe weekend and hopefully beat what she did stock and untuned at Maxton about a year back which was 151.  I have no idea what she will do with all these changes especially since I had several issues in October and never got a strong pass in.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 09:41:05 AM »
Milt,

Cool build and I "see"  155 to 160 for you this weekend,,

See you Friday.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline gearheadeh

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 10:07:34 AM »
RacerX9623,
It would be M/TG 750/4. The designation is Frame Class / Motor Class, Fuel Type and Motor Size / Stroke
Joe

Car class designations are easy compared to bikes !!!

CV

Ohh my.....Modified Turbo Gas 750 4 cylinder is what I get from that!!!
40 is the old age of Youth, 50 is the young age of the Senior years.

Offline RacerX9623

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 11:10:24 AM »
That is why I thought the OCT went at the end. Since A OCT is a four stroke . But after looking again the OCT is in the same place as the pushrods. 

My only consern is that everyone get it right. We are starting a new record book with new class distinctions. It is all very confusing at first. But we need to double check this in tech. It will save work later.
trying to go 200 KPH with a 250cc four stroke.

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 11:46:07 AM »
Luckily I paid gave my graphics guy a nice tip; otherwise, he may stop reading my email with these changes.  I had the following combos made for Ohio and Loring.

MPS/G-1000/OCT
MPS-1000/TG

I think he just made me some
MPS/OCT 1000/G or something like that.  Of course none had a -4 as I thought that was out for the OCT class.  I plan on buying some one inch vinyl letters just in case 

Looking back at pics from Maxton, BUB and Speedweek it looks like consistency doesn't exist at any venue as a lot of folks just try to get the right pieces to fit somewhere!

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 02:10:36 PM »
OCT would not fit in our database so it was reduced to a T. A turbo would be a B for Blown.
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com