Author Topic: ECTA Rules - Street Car  (Read 2624 times)

WayneE

ECTA Rules - Street Car
« on: March 01, 2006, 09:14:32 PM »
I have a 2003 Corvette w/the stock 346ci V8 under the hood.  I would like the run the car at Maxton in April.  I have no idea what it will run in the mile, but I'd like to tech for 175mph.  My car is a full interior, mostly stock, street car, but I have the following big safety items covered:  6pt chrome moly bolt in rollbar, Simpson 6pt harness, race seat, Firefox 10lb fire system and external battery cutoff.

My first question relates to my rollbar.  It is a Wolfe Racecraft bolt in.  It bolts to the floor using 6x6 pads with 3-4 bolts per pad.  According to section III-2 of the 2005 rulebook, that appears to be an acceptable solution for a vehicle running to 175mph.  But the rules aren't as clear with bolting the tubes to the main hoop.  Here is a picture of my bar before I installed it in the car -

Will that pass tech?

Next are my wheels.  I have 18x10/19x12 HRE 545R 3 piece wheels.  Are these acceptable?  Section II-7 doesn't specify which wheel manufacturers are accepted as producing "wheels manufactured for racing".  HREs are a 3 piece forged wheel that are used in racing (internet rumors regarding their ban notwithstanding).  But I didn't understand if the rules specifically excluded multipiece wheels or are they allowed if the manufacturer is recognized as making racing wheels?

Finally, is an FIA 2000 3 piece nomex race suit acceptable?  Based on my research, the FIA 2000 spec is at least as stringent as SFI 3.2A.

I registered on the ECTA Yahoo Group earlier today, but I'm waiting on approval from the moderator before I can post.  I figured some of the ECTA competitors or organizers may be here to answer these questions.

Thanks for any and all help, I'd really like to get out to the event again, but this time as a competitor  :)