Author Topic: vmot  (Read 8508 times)

Offline dw230

Re: vmot
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 08:33:21 PM »
In one of your two cars, the RMR the engine does not have to American. In your other car, MVOT, the engine has to be home grown. What is your next car?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline butch nassau

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 09:19:42 PM »
In one of your two cars, the RMR the engine does not have to American. In your other car, MVOT, the engine has to be home grown. What is your next car?

DW

Well, that is exactly what I am trying to determine. You see I have this 1.8 Liter DOHC Honda that's adapted to a type I bug 4 speed trans axle. It makes a really neat, compact drive train.

So, after going to Bonneville last year I got the bug...the Bonneville bug not the VW bug....I had that already.

Looking to utilize this drive train, I looked at a MVOT thinking it was a "builders class"...like you could build a midget from the ground up.

Not so it seems that class it is really a true "antique" class.

"Okay", says I, I'll put this little power package in the back of a Speedway Motors fiberglass body and run in G/GMGR.

It all seemed so simple just yesterday.

That's how I got to this point.

Still open to ideas.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 09:57:13 PM »
My theory is that real race cars are always easier to work on than modified production cars, no matter how modified. Usually there aren't as many measuring devices used in tech either which means there are fewer areas to come in conflict with either officials or the rule book. Why not build either a lakester or a liner? Your imagination can then run free.

Pete

Offline dw230

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 07:46:59 PM »
Bingo! I concur.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »
Wait a minute... I've heard that before... gotta agree with build a lakester....  build it and it will go... with any luck and a lot of work about 212.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 11:52:14 PM »
your honda vw thing would be fine in a rmr but make sure your rear tread width meets the minimum spec. 
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member