Author Topic: El Mirage results posted on SCTA web site  (Read 12315 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: El Mirage results posted on SCTA web site
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 11:21:27 PM »
When you went to the site and didn't find the results - and then went back later and there they were - - did you first try clicking the "refresh" button on your computer?  Often it'll make recently-posted things visible.  The reason:

The computer stores lots of stuff, such as part of a website, inside itself so when you go there you'll get the site on the screen fast.  But - what you're really getting is the site from the last time you were there, not this current time.  A click of the refresh button usually is enough to tell the computer, in effect, "would you please check to make sure that's the latest possible information?".

There are other things that will slow down or interrupt the data on the information superhighway - now you know how to get around one of them.

Jon,

Thanks for the information. I just went to the site and still no results listed. I did a refresh as you stated and bingo the November results appeared.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline dw230

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »
When I was working we required everyone in the building to turnoff their computer each night. A reboot can do wonders when trying to connect to a server or website that has been down for maintenance.

DW
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:20:20 PM by dw230 »
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Tman

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 11:44:07 AM »
Plus clean out your cookies! Go to the top, click on tools, select internet options and then delete temporary files, cookies and browsing history. You can also select "delete upon exit" so your wife does not know where you were surfing :-D Car sites, get your minds out of the gutter!

Offline dw230

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 12:21:03 PM »
I do that once a week. Helps the access speed.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »

Hey! Thanks Tman!  I've had all this junk building up on my computer and didn't know how to get rid of it, now it's all gone.... hmmm, I hope I didn't undo stuff I needed!  Guess I'll wander through my stuff and see what kind of damage I've done!  Now what did I do with that paper that has my passwords on it?.......hmmmm    :roll:

Thinkin'-I-may-have-screwed-up-Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Tman

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »

Hey! Thanks Tman!  I've had all this junk building up on my computer and didn't know how to get rid of it, now it's all gone.... hmmm, I hope I didn't undo stuff I needed!  Guess I'll wander through my stuff and see what kind of damage I've done!  Now what did I do with that paper that has my passwords on it?.......hmmmm    :roll:

Good luck Lynda!

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »

You should have posted it here; we would have kept it safe for you.    :evil:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline FADED

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 03:47:45 PM »
We finished in 50th! Is that good?? :cheers:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 03:51:08 PM »

Congrats Lance!

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 07:16:49 PM »

Better than finishing 51st.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Tman

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 08:54:44 PM »

Depends, are they still using a sundial or have you moved up to actual clocks?  :-D

Offline FADED

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 10:39:50 AM »
My daddy always told me, if you aint first your last! And TMAN we ran our personal best on Sunday at a "BLAZING" 67.5 MPH!!!!!! SO THERE! We have until May to find another 33 mph  :?

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 03:26:23 PM »
Wonder why there haven't been any pictures posted for the last 2 months with the results? I miss seeing what ran even when I'm there. I shouldn't complain I can't even put a picture on myfacebook. Sometimes old age has it's drawbacks......................................JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline tomsmith

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 07:19:57 PM »
Here are some of the PC computer cleanup software I run:

Auslogics.com:  Auslogics disk defrag & Auslogics registry cleaner (both are free)

Paretologic.com: Privacy Controls (not free but I forgot how much $, maybe $20 or $30 annually)  this is the only program I know of that gets rid of the web sites you have visited from the registry.  When I first ran it, there were over 65,000 web sites listed in my registry.  Let me know if you know of another program (especially if it's free).

http://www.ccleaner.us/:  CCleaner (formerly "Crap Cleaner")  free.

I hope this helps someone. Now back to El Mo.  Last time I was there in 1951 or 52 I blew up a HD knucklehead at 135mph.
139mph with no bike, but with speedo and helmet.

Offline Freud

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 12:57:55 AM »
It was a rush to be sitting by Kevin LeFevers when he returned to the table after receiving his Dirty 2 Club jacket

at the El Mirage banquet last Saturday night. He raised the record almost 6 MPH and it's been quite a learning

curve, especially with Prof Mike looking over his shoulder. The Prof makes him read every chapter and apply

the recent knowledge. He doesn't get giant steps. Of that I am certain. No big jumps in blower pressure and no nitro.

Now his goal is to lose his record to his brother. That may be another challenge. Quite a racing family.

No foto of Kevin but here's one of Marlo Treit and Prof. Mike LeFevers.

Another surprise was the Award of Appreciation for Mary Anne Lindsley. She sure deserved it.

That's a family with a huge lakes racing history. They have also thundered on the Salt.

Her mother-in-law made the FIRST pass down the salt in the 1949 B'ville meet.

Congratulations to all of you.

FREUD
Since '63