Author Topic: End Of The Year Celebration  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Dean Los Angeles

End Of The Year Celebration
« on: November 15, 2011, 12:43:29 PM »
I've spent a good part of the year enjoying everything that goes on in the land racing world because landracing.com is here to bring it to us.

I just donated $50 and you should too. Pick a number you can afford, more is better.

Do it now.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: End Of The Year Celebration
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:59:54 PM »
And I just wrote a "thank you" to Dean for his donation.  A point I mentioned in it - and that I've made time and again here -- is that I try to keep the commercial advertising to a minimun so you'll get all racing, all the time (well, and jokes, too) and not flashing banner ads and so on.  Some things may have to have a bit of advertising as they develop - - things like the audio streaming that we've got going.  It'll take a person full time to keep it up and running right, so I've got to be able to pay him, get the equipment (most of it already donated, thank you), and pay for the streaming "airtime".  When you hear an ad during streaming -- take it in stride and maybe even thank the advertiser.

Speaking of revenue raisers for this site, I recently turned down an offer from one company.  They wanted to imbed a sort of "shopping" service into the site, so when you click on something -- say, on "fuel pumps" and then buy one from a site you end up going to -- the site would get a buck or ten or something.  I decided that I didn't want the responsibility of having some of you be surprised when you end up (maybe) at a site where you didn't think you'd go, didn't want you to find out that I'd "secretly" added the feature to the site, etc.  I could have posed the question here -- should I or shouldn't I -- but I think/hope I guessed right.  The company is VIGLINK.  Go visit their website if you'd like to see what they've got to do.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 02:01:22 PM »
www.weldonracing.com

Comments?  They're considering asking to advertise here - and I want to know if you folks have heard of them/used their product/know of other racers that have used their stuff.  They're being very courteous in requesting information (vs. the blunderbuss style used by a bunch of other firms) and will decide if they want to be on lr.com - while we decide if we feel their product is close to our line of activities to warrant having them on the site.  

I'm told they produce and supply pumps for some LSR applications already.  Have you some additional information?

Let me know your thoughts, please.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:05:37 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 02:19:16 PM »
Jon --

You might try this old tried-and-true advertising adage --

"We don't take any advertising we can't get."

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 09:05:21 PM »
Jon:

It sounds like their approach is right. My thought would be to try them while they try the website for the normal fee. If it works for them and it works for you then you've got another steady source of income and that's always a good thing.

Pete

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 01:44:50 PM »
Jon,

They make parts we use and they want to support the site...make it happen.. :cheers:

J

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 07:10:21 PM »
Parts and sevice looks like something I might would spend green on  :-)
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15