Author Topic: Aussy trip  (Read 13658 times)

landracing

Aussy trip
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 08:31:28 PM »
Here is the latest update for Joe and I and the rest of the Top 1 Ack Attack crew.

First off the Ack Attack crew missed their flight from Sydney to Adelaide because of there delay's in San Fransisco they left about 1 hour late and that made them miss their flight.

Second Joe and I are all set. We leave at 10:17 pm tonight to sydney and expected to arrive in Sydney at 8 am the 2nd of Feb...

Then from there we leave Sydney at 12:25  and arrive Adelaide at 14:05 PM on flight QF751..  So that is our plan.

Right now we were picked up at the airport by Frank Ryan and he took us out to lunch and a quick tour of San Fran then back to the airport... SO that is our plan hopefully our contacts in Australia can work around our "adventure" and get us where we need.

If questions arise please email me at webmaster@landracing.com

Jon

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
aussy trip
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 08:38:37 PM »
Jon you better hope you arrive on March 2nd, if Feb2nd as in your note thats one hell of a layover.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline PaulinOz

• New folks
Aussy trip
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 09:23:13 PM »
Jim and those who got on the plane from USA are in Sydney awaiting flight to Adelaide they missed the earlier connection. ( Reminder to self if booking trips for US racers get them to leave a day early and they just might make it on time) They will arrive Adelaide South Australia 3:30 pm local time 1st March.

I have never seen 1 fly at Lake Gardiner, on the other hand 1,000,000 is very common number to see and that's just on the back of your mates shirt.

Lets hope they manage to ride faster than they travel and can kick some records next week.

landracing

Aussy trip
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 11:44:01 PM »
Frank Ryan from Top 1 Oil gave us a nice tour of San Fran, seen most of the major attractions and a nice lunch...

About an hour from flight time... We had some food vouchers to use so we are sitting here enjoying a couple beers, 1 valium tablet each, 2 advils, and some sushi.... Plz wake me when plane is unloading im going to be sleeping pretty good in lala land.

Jon

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: aussy trip
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 11:51:28 PM »
Quote from: Glen
Jon you better hope you arrive on March 2nd, if Feb2nd as in your note thats one hell of a layover.
Glen

Glen I think he is already experiencing JET LAG.  If that is the case and they still have to fly all the way over there the posts ought to get better 8) .

I'm getting anxious already for some runs to happen and they are still 6 days away or is that 5 days since the 6th is on the 5th here :?  :?: .

c ya, Sum

Offline hawkwind

Aussy trip
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 12:10:52 AM »
Joe /Jon Im heading off for adelaide in aprox 10 hrs  , crazy thing is that you blokes will get there before me and Im already in Australia , see you soon
Gary
slower than most

Offline gazza414

Aussy trip
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2006, 12:18:50 AM »
Have a safe trip Gary, and catch up with ya in a few days. ie Sunday noon ~~~ Will have 3 Busa's in tow...lookin forward to having some fun and catching up with the guys from the US of A
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Aussy trip
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 11:52:05 AM »
I have never seen 1 fly at Lake Gardiner, on the other hand 1,000,000 is very common number to see and that's just on the back of your mates shirt.

This is the reason why it's nonsense to wear a t-shirt with the sponsors add on the back...........

As a OZ says...eat fast or it's eaten by the flies.....

have a good one......in downunder....
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

landracing

Aussy trip
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 07:12:45 PM »
Joe and I are in Sydney finally.. The 13+ hour plane trip was nothing, dont remember much other then food... Very humid out, but scenery is very nice. We are well rested and just waiting for our plane to adelaide.. I already called Paul in OZ to let him know the schedule...

Look forward to meeting up with rest of group..

Jon

Offline Freud

Update posted on ANXIOUS thread
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 07:17:41 PM »
Check my post under ANXIOUS thread. They arrived in Sydney a few hours ago. Since they missed their first flight to Australia they were rebooked from Sydney to Adelaide on Quantas.
Since '63

Offline Freud

Aussy trip
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2006, 07:22:03 PM »
Good job Jon. I was writing as your post arrived. What's your flight number to Adalaide? Is it a Quantas flight?
Stand Joe on his head so his brains don't run out his nose and keep his hands out of his pockets. The Boy Scout Master told us that so many times when we were away from home.
Since '63

Offline Freud

Prior Info
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2006, 07:34:24 PM »
Jon wrote:
Then from there we leave Sydney at 12:25 and arrive Adelaide at 14:05 PM on flight QF751.. So that is our plan.

It's 4:33PM PST and it's 11:33 AM in Sydney. So they depart in about  an hour.
Since '63

Offline Freud

Arrival in Adelaide
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2006, 10:57:49 PM »
It's 7:55 PM PST They arrived about 30 minutes ago in Adelaide.
This is their flight info from the airline.

QF751  Sydney  (Scheduled arrival)14:05  (Actual arrival) 14:02  Landed

Now it's up to Jon to inform us.
Since '63

landracing

Aussy trip
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2006, 01:42:31 AM »
Joe and I finally made it.. Our flight from Sydney to Adelaide even got delayed a few.. .Anyways we are here with Jim Higgins staying at Paul's house.. Very unique house very nice...

Jim went and got the bikes out of the containers this morning so when we arrived it was already at the house in the mini-crate and all..

Everything looked great, a little rust on the mini-container, 1 broken sensor, and a little rust on the chain.. Everything else looked great.. Bike started 1st crank of motor... A little to do list but not much...

The rest of the group is at a Hilton in Adelaide somewhere I have yet to make contact with them..

Pictures are already posted im on a hard line right now and will test satellite internet later...

Jon

landracing

Aussy trip
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2006, 12:59:29 PM »
Its 4:30 am and we are just about to leave adelaide to goto Port Augusta to meet up with rest of clan...

about 3-4 hour trip.. Their speedlimit is about 65 mph and they dont travel faster then that...

We all had our "Dingo's Breakfast"  ..... Piss, Scratch and a look around...
We are off...

There are two days of pre-meet pictures nothing too exciting but will give ou something to check out.. Mostly Amo and HIggins bikes unloading, loading, sitting around and of the house we are staying at... No we get on the road..

Jon