Author Topic: Raised port Stude heads  (Read 57015 times)

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
Re: Raised port Stude heads
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2013, 09:39:26 AM »
Here is another set of results, which I think confirms your ideas.

http://youtu.be/8UGfvcbYRCI

Thanks again Tom!

Am I missing something? It is a siamesed port and it looks like the adjacent port doesn't have a valve in the hole. Are my eyes deceiving me?
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Am I missing something? It is a siamesed port and it looks like the adjacent port doesn't have a valve in the hole. Are my eyes deceiving me?
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

!

Even if the combustion chamber is covered, the open valve guide would draw air through the top.  Even if guide is plugged, the test isn't entirely accurate.  On shared ports, the swirl and eddies that the valve stem creates in the adjacent valve bowl can have an effect on the valve bowl area being tested. 

Please tell me we're missing something - that's a lot of work you've put into this.

Guys,

This results for this test are invalid.   You must repeat the test with a valve in the adjacent "siamesed" port, for the reasons M/M outlined.
 :cheers:
Fordboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline zenndog

« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2013, 01:33:48 PM »
Exhaust numbers:

# 1 Experimental Exhaust Mod. (1.525" exhaust tulip 45 seat)

Lift CFM
.100 44.3
.200 75.9
.300 106.4
.400 127.3
.500 132.6
.550 137.5
.600 140.8
.642 142.9

Offline zenndog

« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2013, 10:42:19 PM »
Tom stands behind his results for #5 and #7, I don't want to pester him about it. He is doing all these tests just because he is interested and I am beyond satisfied. I am partial to the high rise, so I am good. I am just thinking about how to build the engine within my budget and whether it will ever get to the salt. :cheers:

That in itself will be an accomplishment.