Author Topic: Potential toll road; I-15 in Arizona.  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Texican

Potential toll road; I-15 in Arizona.
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:59:11 PM »
The Great State of Arizona thinks they need to enhance their revenue on the backs of tourists and truckers who travel between Mesquite and St. George. If these WORMS manage to get this in place, We need to figure a way to push back.

http://www.kcsg.com/view/full_story/16176735/article-Toll-Road-Proposed-to-Fund-Rehabilitation-of-Arizona-Section-of-I-15-Between-St--George-and-Mesquite?instance=home_stories9_tip

Any intelligent suggestions appreciated.  I understand that AZ residents will get a pass.  Nice to know some of us are more equal than others.

Offline Elmo Rodge

Re: Potential toll road; I-15 in Arizona.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 04:35:20 PM »
Snarl.  :x Wayno

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 05:08:50 PM »
Utah is already fighting it. I still use old hwy. 91 if traffic is heavy but will sign any partition against it as will most Utahn's
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:42:43 AM »
I tell you what,  :-o  why don't you guys just pick up the maintance on this thing and we will not make it a toll road!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline JimL

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 12:29:50 AM »
I've noticed the same road wear problems on west bound Interstate 10 and Interstate 40, just as you're leaving Arizona, on the California side.  I suppose that'll be the next logical California toll roads (if the I15 toll road comes to pass, setting a "precedent"). :-(

Everybody looking for money where there isn't any...the toll booths need to be installed on........ WALL STREET!! :x :x :x

lots of 'em

Offline MC 1314

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 07:14:33 AM »
They already have em in DC so Wall street is a likely spot but the PRK is probably next.

It's just a case of too soon old and too late smart. Will Penny