Author Topic: Win TEC4 XDI-2  (Read 5608 times)

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Win TEC4 XDI-2
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:55:01 PM »
Anybody out there have any insight with the Win TEC4 XDI-2 software?  I suspect I might not be perfectly lined up with my crank trigger, and I'm hoping to account for it through programming rather than pulling the radiator and trying to read my timing marks - yeah, that wasn't so bright, marking the timing cover where it's tough to see.

No fuel injection.

No MAP sensor.

No O2 sensor.

A GM knock sensor.

Application is an OHV inline 4, ~13.2:1 compression, siamesed intake ports, Weber carb, 1 liter.

In the software, where should I be setting my knock sensor settings?  It's a GM sensor, and a datalog indicated that it was kicking in occasionally at a fast idle with no load.  I've been unable to datalog under a load, and won't be able to until next weekend.  The curve is 14 to 36, all in by about 3300, but the initial timing might be off a tooth, and I might actually be bumping against the knock retard.  I'm working to straighten that out, either physically, or preferably through programming, because the sensor is a bearcat to get at.

Help?

Thanks!

Chris Conrad
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline hitz

Re: Win TEC4 XDI-2
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 01:25:27 AM »
Chris,
 If you haven't been aware of it there is a forum for Elecromotive products here
http://electromotivetec.freeforums.org/xdi2-and-wintec-4-t844.html

jon at EMI writes some of the software for them and is a great help.

hitz

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 09:24:24 AM »
Thanks for that, Hitz.  Looks like a slow day at work - I'll investigate.

Offline lsr202

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 07:14:00 AM »
G'day Midget
I love your choice in rides, and your choice in the Ignition control, i have used the EMI products for about 15 years now.
Now to your problem, what is your knock threshold at, starting point is 50, with a range of 0-100. maybe moving the threshold to 75 and see how it goes. If you need any more help message me
Nigel

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 09:42:40 AM »
Nigel, thanks for chiming in on this. 

Help me understand the threshold - Is the 0-100 range referenced to a particular knock function in some way,
(count, perhaps) or is it simply a scale, or percentage of the "noise", or signal the sensor is seeing?

My background is in audio, and when I see "Threshold" in an application that uses a microphone, which is what a knock sensor essentially is, it often involves a "noise gate" circuit, which does not let signal pass below a certain voltage, but then once the "threshold" is reached, it will activate the circuit.

Is this analogous to what we're seeing in the threshold settings on the XDI-2?

Thanks.

Chris